Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbezoom
Reel Rookie

ROKU streaming will not give me CBC GEM, just live TV options

Trying to load CBC GEM to my TV using Roku streaming stick but cannot get the app, just live TV. Using the latest version. Have tried factory reset.

Contacted CBC support, went through their troubleshooting, but they can't figure it out.

On the CBC GEM page that CBC shows me, I search for CBC GEM, select it and there is an option to download the app. However, when I search for CBC GEM using Roku, I only get an option to download the channel which gives me live TV options only.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU streaming will not give me CBC GEM, just live TV options

Assuming you're in Canada, if you can't add the app from this link, then it's probably the same issue I just wrote about.  I'll just copy my last response:

Where are you located?  Assuming you're in Canada and you're only seeing US apps, the most likely cause is that your Roku account is associated with the US and not Canada.  This can happen through no fault of your own (from a browser issue) or if you established an account while your were in the US and moved to Canada or if you're using a VPN or something else that masks your true location.  The only way to fix an account associated with the wrong region is to create a new account, factory reset your Roku device, and link it to the new account.  You'd probably want to close the old account.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
bbezoom
Reel Rookie

Hi and thank you for your help.

I tried the link in your note, but it got me to live TV not the app. Strange that it says on the screen that it is CBC GEM loading and that I get the GEM icon on the screen but it's only live TV.

I deleted my Roku account and set up a new account. Tried the link again, same result.

I deleted GEM and loaded it after doing a Roku search. Same thing, live TV only. When I tried loading CBC GEM, once again there was no option for the app, just the channel. So, I have exactly the same situation I had before I deleted the account.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@bbezoom, just checking - you are located in Canada and you're not using a VPN, right?  It still seems like you're not getting an account associated with Canada.  Try creating an account again at https://my.roku.com/signup, but use a different device, a different browser, or a private/incognito browser window to ensure there's not saved information interfering with the process.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.