Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjdj1278
Streaming Star

Third Watch - missing episodes

Not just The Mentalist.  I have been watching Third Watch.  All of the sudden several episodes are missing. 

8 REPLIES 8
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Mentalist - missing episodes

Hi @Cjdj1278,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're grateful for your effort in bringing this information to our attention. We have taken note of this issue, and we'll let the appropriate Roku team know about this so they can look at the issue and resolve it. 

If there's anything we can assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SC2489

• This isn't the first time this has happened from what I understand.  Apparently the roku channel is notorious for dropping episodes of various series.  So far it seems like The Mentalist is one of the worst ones.  The first one or two, and the last episodes of almost every season have just vanished.  They supposedly "fixed the problem" months ago.  In fact, I literally just watched the whole series of The Mentalist just about two months ago myself.  However, my wife wanted to watch it after I told her how good it was, so I started re-watching it from the beginning with her.  First, it saves your watch progress to the point where it starts every episode at the very end instead of staring them over like other platforms do, and if you don't catch it right away, you might end up skipping a couple of episodes without realizing it.  Second, now all those missing episodes that support knew about and supposedly fixed, are missing once again.  I don't understand why it's so hard for Roku to keep the content where it's supposed to be.  They also have a bad habit of removing titles without warning from their library.  So you might be watching a movie and have to walk away for a little while, only to come back and realize that the movie was removed sometime while you were away.  Sure, you can still pay for a rental to finish the movie, but then all that time you spent watching the groups of ads mean nothing.  I'm pretty sure that they keep their free content going because of those ads they play.  So then it's just frustrating when you've sat through 20 minutes of these ads within the first half hour of a movie, just for them to remove the movie before you get to finish it.  I just wish they'd decide whether or not they want these shows and movies on their channel, and fix them if so, or remove them completely if not.  That way I wouldn't have to jump between streaming apps and pay for an episode here and there just so my wife will get to follow the stories without all the hassel.  I'm just saying it's a good thing the content is free.  Otherwise I'd be canceling my subscription and be asking for a refund. 
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SC2489,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We hear you and we sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that the team that is responsible for looking into it further are doing their best to fix the issue as soon as possible. We completely understand your point and situation that's why your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

No need to worry; as soon as new information becomes available, we will make sure to update the Community. Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we would be more than willing to listen and take immediate action as your satisfaction is essential to us.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KM344

Re: Third Watch - missing episodes

We were in the middle of watching Third Watch Season 1 with no issues however all but 3 of the episodes in the season just vanished over night.  Please fix this issue.

ffmlewis

They finally got Third Watch to where you can actually see it instead of being all pixilated. Now a whole bunch of episodes are missing that you still can't watch it. You're missing a lot of the story line. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Third Watch is also available on the free channel/app Tubi and seems to have all the episodes listed.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/7c34d32446def64db7eb2cc359749fe5/tubi-tv#!

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ffmlewis,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we have already forwarded this information to the appropriate Roku team to look into it further; they will continue their investigation. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this matter and fix this as soon as we can. 

Furthermore, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address. We'd be more than willing to listen and take immediate action as we are committed to finding a solution to your concerns. 

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cjdj1278
Streaming Star

Yes, I have been watching on Tubi.  Twice the commercials.  Roku please hurry and fix.  I miss you. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.