Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku app on Firestick wont play any content

I have attempted to watch several different TV shows that I found on my Firestick and get an error message every time. I downloaded the Roku app and got signed in, but when I'd click on anything to watch it the circle would spin for 1-2 minutes before giving me an error message that said "Playback Error. Unfortunately, we are unable to play this content. Please try again later." 

I get this message when I attempt to watch anything on the Roku app, and I have attempted to watch content on multiple occasions over the course of multiple days. Why is there such an issue?

#Firestick, #RokuApp, #PlaybackError

3 REPLIES 3
pixie87

Re: Roku app on Firestick wont play any content

I have this same issue.  Any Roku show or channel, I get the "playback error", whether it's live or not. The circle just continues, nothing loads, and then the playback error message appears.  I have the Amazon Firestick 4 and this has been going on for the last 2 weeks.

What gives?

0 Kudos
amfmmodman

I have figured out what is going on. If you use a VPN Roku Channel will not function and give you the error that is being seen that's listed. Shut the VPN off and everything works fine. 

0 Kudos
amfmmodman

What cured it for me? I was running a VPN and it gave me the error you got. Disconnect from a VPN and it will work as it should!