Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is something on the bottom of my screen

i did one of the secret screen things and now on the bottom left of my screen it says “weird ai” then at the bottom it says “ui hint”

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: help there is something on the bottom of my screen

Hi @552

Thanks for your first post in Roku Community. 

To better understand the issue you are seeing, we'd like to ask a few questions. May we ask what are you trying to perform that led you to this message showing on your screen? Could you send us a screenshot of your screen? What recent changes were made to your Roku device?

With these details, we can isolate the issue. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: help there is something on the bottom of my screen

@552-

So called "secret screens" must be used with extreme caution.  They are not officially supported by Roku, and if you do something wrong, you may get unexpected results like you are seeing, or completely brick your unit.

Proceed at your own risk, but if I experienced this I would perform a Factory reset and set my Roku back up from scratch in the hope that it would clear up whatever I had screwed up in the "secret screen".

Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.   If you don't have sufficient remote control to do this, pressing and holding the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds should initiate a Factory reset as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos