Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TACOK1LL3R

The weather channel on demand not playing

Anyone else experience with this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The weather channel on demand not playing

Hi @TACOK1LL3R,

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, I have a few questions to understand better the behavior you are seeing: 
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
3. Are you being prompted with an error message?
4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TACOK1LL3R

It started yesterday with just a couple titles not playing and today none of the titles will play there's no error The TWC icon just spins and after a few minutes it will go to the next episode and keeps repeating that and I have uninstalled the app restarted the system and reinstalled to no avail 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TACOK1LL3R.

Thanks for following up.

Does the issue only occur on The Weather Channel or all channels on your Roku device? In addition, can you please let us know your device model and your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About?

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonny7
Channel Surfer

HI.    I know this is 3 months old, but my Weather Channel on-demand just started acting up on 1/13/23.   It was working fine prior to this.   (BTW, the screen menu we saw for the on-demand changed between 1/12 and 1/13 too...if that has anything to do with it)

It seems that now if I select and play a show (like Highway thru H*ll, Weird Earth), the episode starts fine.  But when I stop it, and then go back to the Roku home screen or another channel and come back later, and it gets listed as a "Continue Watching" episode (for later viewing).  Then neither that nor the general link for all episodes for the series works anymore.   It just shows a spinning gear when selected, and pushes me out of the app altogether and back to the Roku home screen.   So I can't watch any episodes in that series now.   (I have not yet tried to watch an episode to the end of some other on-demand series show to see what happens)

It does it on both my Roku devices in different rooms (both Express+ 3910RW).   Other parts of the Weather Channel, or other channels, do not do this.   

I've removed the Weather Channel (after unsubscribing), done a Roku system restart (or even unplugged them), added the channel back, and finally logged back in, but nothing changes.   It still shows the "continue watching" episodes, and does the same crazy thing.

I sent an email to the Weather Channel streaming help on 1/13, but I've only gotten generic responses through today 1/16.   Please let me know if ROKU can assist with this at all.  Thx.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Jonny7

Thank you for the inquiry!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Weather Channel on-demand channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Weather Channel on-demand support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos