Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Areese2918

The roku channel not loading

The roku channel loads but won’t play the movies goes back to home page. 

I’ve looked up on how to do everything it said to do and it’s still not working , all the other apps work it’s just that one won’t play anything help!!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
rangus4

Re: The roku channel not loading

Noted same problem on another topic heading.  I'm having same issue; movies won't load and goes back to home screen.  Must be a Roku issue and not a problem with setup; tried all suggested corrections and everything else in Roku and other streaming services work fine.  

0 Kudos
GooberCSP
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem on the TV but if I go to ROKU on my PC I can click on movies, and they play!  Just started happening today and I'm hoping it's just a temporary issue.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leo0006

I’m having a problem with Roku loading movies what do I do

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @@Leo0006

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
GooberCSP
Reel Rookie

Check how many other devices are running on your internet connection!  It could be a matter of bandwidth!  If there are multiple computers, TV's and cell phones operating through your internet WIFI turning off one or two may do the job! 

0 Kudos
Samjohn

So I'm having the same problem. All other channels are working except the Roku channel. I have tried deleting the app, restarting the TV, redownloading and updating, even disconnected my husband's and mine phones which are the only 2 devices besides the TV connected to the wifi. Again, everything but the Roku channel is working. 

marynmd
Reel Rookie

I have had the same problem for 24 hours now. Very frustrating to try to find support to resolve the issue of nothing playing on the roku channel including Britbox which I pay to watch. I have tried all the suggested step so what next?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Samjohn @marynmd

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Kindly provide the necessary information for further analysis. Please provide the specific content title examples that you have tried to play on The Roku Channel that is experiencing an issue. In addition, who is your ISP (internet service provider), and current location?

We look forward to receiving your responses and obtaining your information so that we can help investigate this further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos