Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garbera
Reel Rookie

The channel, The Network won't let me sign in

Jump to solution

I have added the Roku channel for TheNetwork to my device, but when I try to sign in using my Roku email and password, it doesn't work.  It is weird because I had to sign into Roku to add the channel, but now it says that that email is no good even though it is the only email I have.  I'm dying to watch the Green Veil, but this is holding me up.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The channel, The Network won't let me sign in

Jump to solution

@garbera, you never need to enter your Roku account email/password on a Roku device.  It's already linked to your account; it would be redundant.  If an app is asking you to sign in, it's asking for whatever username/password you've established with that service.  There's a Roku requirement that it offers to use your Roku account email address, but it's just a suggestion.  You can enter whatever email address you need to.

In the case of "The Network", if you don't already have an account with them, choose the "Create account" option on the "Sign in" screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The channel, The Network won't let me sign in

Jump to solution

@garbera, you never need to enter your Roku account email/password on a Roku device.  It's already linked to your account; it would be redundant.  If an app is asking you to sign in, it's asking for whatever username/password you've established with that service.  There's a Roku requirement that it offers to use your Roku account email address, but it's just a suggestion.  You can enter whatever email address you need to.

In the case of "The Network", if you don't already have an account with them, choose the "Create account" option on the "Sign in" screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.