Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slibb

Roku Original Movies not playing

Hello I am using the Roku channel on the Amazon Fire Stick Lite. Roku original movies will not load, and give an error that the content can not be played at this time. All other options on Roku channel work - movies, shows, even Roku Original shows. Just not Original movies. 

Ferparu

Re: Roku Original Movies not playing

Has there been any sort of solution to this? I can't watch Weird or Zoey's Extraordinary Christmas or any other Roku Original, but other things are working fine on the Roku Channel. I'm also trying to use my Firestick Lite and getting a playback error when it tries to load the movies, even though the intro videos are playing fine. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Slibb,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How long has the issue been occurring? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JackieO

I have the new rocky ultra. Nothing has ever played on the Romulo channel. Everything loads, push play, then it loads again. Nothing has ever played. It happens when you open the app,  choose anything to watch, push play, it shows loading and returns to the same screen. I have unplugged it many times during a couple of moves, same issue.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JackieO

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
A-A
Reel Rookie

Re: Playback Error Only on Weird Al

As I see it..they want non roku device users to keep clicking/selecting shows and movies that are not playable. We get the intro and they get clicks/hits, that produces $$$$$ for roku without actually having to deliver.

This means less use of their systems and resources with people just clicking/selecting a show or movie and it goes to “error”, this is an incredible mile stone for an app driven **bleep** device company. 

RustyC

I’m having the same issue on my Firestick. Weird Al movie will not okay while everything else does. Did we ever get an answer or resolution to this?

0 Kudos
A-A
Reel Rookie

Just the basic runaround.

(They say..Unplug, reset, delete app, volunteer at a soup kitchen for 5 years 24-7, lose your job and home, then reinstall app. and it should be ok!)

So I’m going with a no. 

Re: The Roku Channel (on firestick) playback errors

I am having this exact issue. Please let me know if this is resolved. Looks like this problem has been going on for months now 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos