Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rblaust
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel will not open

@RokuJechealR Here is the information you asked for.

Samsung Model: UN55KU6290F

S/N: 063E3CNH900816B

Samsung Model UN55KU6290FSamsung Model UN55KU6290F

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rblaust,

We appreciate your response!

Thanks for providing all the information we requested. We'll go ahead and send this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Rest assured, once more information is available, we'll update this Community thread.

Feel free to keep us posted if there's anything else we can assist you with besides this.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BigTom
Channel Surfer

The initial problem was reported on 3/10/2024 and it is now 5/11/2024, 61 days later.  The problem still exists.  

Is 2 months without a solution normal for ROKU support?  I am 75 years old.  Should I expect a resolution to this problem in my lifetime?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Northsouth
Reel Rookie

You (ROKU) have built up a lot of good will by offering an outstanding free service which many have/are taking advantage of. Kudos.

It a shame to see it all squandered. And by that I don’t mean ROKU is expected take super human efforts to get the TVs in this thread working again. Most can understand if supporting a vintage Samsung operating system with a freebie is no longer viable. What can’t be understood is not addressing the issue, whatever it may be, at all.

A few weeks after my Samsung went “dark” I considered buying a ROKU stick to regain access. However, after seeing the handling of this issue and company response to this thread---by that I mean lack of any meaningful response—I’ve had second thoughts. All the replies posted so far look as if generated by an automated bot; not the face which should be presented to potential customers.

A response like “We’re sorry but can no longer support older Samsung’s via the free app. As an option, perhaps try one of our Sticks which we will support on your legacy model TV until 20xx” would be magnitudes better than the “we’ve passed it along to a response team” catch all time and time again.

Free feedback.  Again, thanks for the years of free service.

0 Kudos
BigTom
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your rational analysis of the current situation and ROKU's responses to our many complaints.  The fact that there has been no response to your well-thought-out post seems to be a clear ROKU response to our reported problems.  Thank you again for trying.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.