Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Northsouth
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

Tried to download the new revision mentioned above today.   Got the following message:

"The Roku Channel is no longer available on the 2015 and 2016 Samsung smart TVs"

So finally some news.     I'd only note there is still nothing posted on this forum from Roku "development team" about the matter.

Good luck to those of you with 2017 and newer.

Don't think I'll be buying a stick.......

0 Kudos
longpath
Channel Surfer

FYI - my Samsung 65" was purchased new in 2016.  Roku app was working as of 2 hours ago.  Fingers crossed it continues to work.  Sorry you are still having troubles.

0 Kudos
BigTom
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the solution.  I bought and installed the ROKU stick (Amazon Prime days) for $29.00 plus tax, and the ROKU channel now works again on my 2016 Samsung TV.   The stick install took less than 2 minutes.  My Samsung TV  also says "The Roku Channel is no longer available on the 2015 and 2016 Samsung smart TVs" and the ROKU channel still works and has worked since I installed the ROKU stick.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble with The Roku Channel on Samsung TV: How to Fix?

[Removed.  Clicked by mistake, sorry.  mg]

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Same issue but with an LG tv. No help since it stopped working in May. Frustrating. All other apps work fine except the Roku channels.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku Channel will not open on LG tv

Same issue but with LG tv. Roku app temp unavailable all of a sudden.

0 Kudos
BigTom
Binge Watcher

I have searched for the words  "Accept as Solution.".  I can not find these words anywhere to click on.  How/where do I look for  "Accept as Solution." ???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@BigTom, only the person that created the topic (or a moderator) can accept a response as the solution (and the moderators abuse that privilege 🙄).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
LouF
Channel Surfer

As the person who started this thread, I won't be selecting Accept As Solution until the problem that I originally started this thread about is fixed. For some reason the thread evolved into a totally different problem/solution.

On my Samsung QN90AA-50 using the Roku app, none of the on-demand content can be viewed. It shows the Spinning Circle of Serenity until it finally times out.

Most of the live streaming channels show a black screen with the program information and the transport bar (no sound either). Every now and then a commercial will show and then back to the black screen. A few streaming channels like This Old House Classic still work, but not the current This Old House channel or the Dateline channel.

Nothing has changed with this situation since I originally posted about it.

Note: My original post title was not "The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV" as it shows now

0 Kudos
BigTom
Binge Watcher

Hi LouF,

You are 100% correct that as the original poster, you were talking about the ROKU app, not the ROKU channel.  The solution of installing the ROKU stick making the ROKU channel work applies to the ROKU channel.

I don't know what you mean by the ROKU app since I don't use it.  I only use the ROKU channel.  My ROKU channel now works 2 ways:

1. As an app listed on the bottom of the Samsung screen (next to YouTube, Netflix, Prime, etc.).  I click on the ROKU icon to get to the ROKU channel.

2. Using the ROKU remote control that came with the ROKU stick, I can access the ROKU channel.  This ROKU channel looks very different than the ROKU channel app on the Samsung TV screen.  It has access to many more TV shows and movies than #1 and has fewer commercials that last a shorter time.

I agree with you that ROKU support and the moderators did not solve this problem.  There were 2 users who said the ROKU stick solved the problem with the ROKU channel and I tried that solution and it worked for me at the cost of $29.00 plus sales tax.  The ROKU channel itself is free.

I can't help you with your ROKU app problem.  I can only suggest that you try the ROKU stick and the free ROKU channel.

Good luck!

UPDATE: 8/5/24 The ROKU channel icon at the bottom of the Samsung smart TV now sends me a message saying the ROKU channel is no longer available.  The message is correct, the ROKU icon no longer works. The ROKU remote control still works fine and allows me to use the ROKU channel for free.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.