Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S80t6
Binge Watcher

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Nice to know (but not happy) I’m not the only one. I try to watch something on the Roku channel or the live TV app, and after 5 or 10 minutes it goes back to the home screen on my Ultra. It’s been happening for several weeks now and all the usual solutions have been ineffective.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@S80t6

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
S80t6
Binge Watcher

Thanks Danny. Shortly after my post the system version/build changed. Based upon limited viewing since then I haven’t seen the issue return, but will advise if it does.

0 Kudos
reedog567
Reel Rookie

I think I have supplied this many times now but have no way of knowing.  Poor service for sure!

Model 3941X-ROKU EXPRESS 4K+

SERIAL X01600FJ063D (S07P216J063D)

SOFTWARE 11.0.0 BUILD 4193-CR

ISSUE ID 3D-302-643

0 Kudos
rfvaca

Same problem here. Just started this morning. everything I click on from the ROKU home page goes to the selected page for a couple seconds then reverts back to the ROKU home page again except for NETFLIX for some reason it still works. No live customer support SUCKS. We pay for service and should have direct access to customer support. 

MRBelk1

I still have a problem.  Channel guide for Roku Live will not load.  I can sometimes get a recently viewed channel, bit this isn’t always the case.  Some other Roku channels (not live) will attempt to load and then go back to home.  Oddly enough this only seems to be a problem on our Roku® Streaming Stick® 4K.

0 Kudos
kjhbwk282

Roku channel crashing. No selections will play/load on any of our tvs with Roku express 4ks. 

0 Kudos
Bobbijo29
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel broken please help

I'm having the same problems w my roku! Ill b watching a movie & it will just stop & back to home screen, does it constantly or it will freeze & power off

0 Kudos

Still not working 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are being returned to the Home screen during channel playback, what Roku device are you using? Are you making sure your Roku device is plugged into a wall outlet and not plugged into the TV USB port. Please be aware that at times the TV may not provide adequate power to the Roku device.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos