Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregM
Streaming Star

Switches itself to HULU ?

Jump to solution

Occasionally when I am looking for a movie to watch my Roku will switch itself to the Sign up for HULU page.

How can I stop this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switches itself to HULU ?

Jump to solution

Does your Roku remove have a dedicated button for Hulu? Many do. You might be accidentally be brushing that button while you're using the remote, or it might have some contaminant that is causing the button to stick. 

If you're hitting that button by accident, all I can say is to try to stop doing that. Not real helpful, I know. If the button is sticking, remove the batteries and then see if you can clean out the area around the buttons. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092

Jump to solution

Does your Roku remove have a dedicated button for Hulu? Many do. You might be accidentally be brushing that button while you're using the remote, or it might have some contaminant that is causing the button to stick. 

If you're hitting that button by accident, all I can say is to try to stop doing that. Not real helpful, I know. If the button is sticking, remove the batteries and then see if you can clean out the area around the buttons. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GregM
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am very careful not to hit the Hulu button, specially after the first dozen or so times it happened.

0 Kudos
PKY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I opened the remote and removed the rubber pad with the Netflix, ESPN, Hulu, Sling, 1, and 2 buttons. It still randomly switches to Hulu. I call shenanigans on Roku!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@PKY, I call a malfunctioning remote with a failure or short circuit.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos