Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WalkingDeadHead
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel - The Walking Dead Universe

Jump to solution

Yes our Walking Dead Universe channel as been doing the blacking out for over 2 weeks! It's frustrating because my husband and I watch this channel 9 times out of ten. Needless to say we're DeadHeads. However yesterday the channel was completely blacked out, and today it's completely gone! Please fix this as soon as possible and return it to Roku tv quickly! 

Reikigirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't locate the channel at all. What could have happened to it? 

Reikigirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Walking Dead universe completely disappeared.

X8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

5/29/2024 ... 7:35 am CDT.... I've been experiencing the exact same problems, for about a week.

Yes, Walking Dead channel has been missing since yesterday.  Additionally, when I go into "all channels" it is not numerically listed anymore!  Just jumbled channels, no order.

Contacted chat support, last week!  After 35 minutes of nothing ... he disconnected!

I wrote email to Corporate Officers ... Still no reply!

Jelge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku made a post in this thread letting us know the channel may not be visible while the issue is being fixed. It may be in the process of being fixed or the fix may be to remove it forever. We will have to wait and see. I am not too concerned about it. I watch the channel for “Fear” and “Tales” more than the original series anyway and the original is what’s on now and can be watched on a few other channels. Some for free from what I gleam from other posts. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

At this point I don't even care if The Walking Dead Universe returns to The Roku Channel because I won't be watching it anymore. After this entire debacle I'm totally fed up, plus the episodes are censored anyway, they mute the swears.

As I posted earlier to everyone, install Pluto TV or Plex apps on your Roku devices and they have their own "The Walking Dead Universe" channel and those streams play fine, no blackouts and they are uncensored.

Pluto TV and Plex are playing the same episodes of The Walking Dead at the same time so you can use either app to watch.

Jump to solution

I noticed TWD channel 741 is back but it's already doing the video blackout again within mins of watching. I guess it didn't get resolved. Video blacks out but can still hear audio. Just did it again during episode 6.02.

Bird_Dog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You have put the channel back up, but it’s still doing the blackout and not working so the problem was not fixed

JEC71071
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes that is what I'm watching now Plex & Pluto. Tired now.

JEC71071
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I love how Plex & Pluto doesn't censor TWD. Play the **bleep** show like when it was showing before it ended. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.