Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcalomeris
Reel Rookie

Re: Walking dead channel not streaming properly

Jump to solution

I'm with everyone else! Fix the WALKING DEAD CHANNEL!!!! Please!!!!

Device1
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel - The Walking Dead Universe

Jump to solution

When will there be an update? This is upsurd this has been going on for this long. Hire people if you need to. I'm not sure if I should tell anyone else to get a Roku installed tv. I have tried everything and have many walking dead friends who are complaining about the quality being shown.  Doesn't help when a big scene is about to be shown. Enough is enough.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We understand and hear your sentiments regarding this.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku keeps telling us that they have forwarded in our complaints about this but nothing is happening. It's seriously ridiculous and completely unacceptable how long it's taking to fix something like this.

I personally have found my own solution. Do not watch "The Walking Dead Universe" on The Roku Channel app anymore!

If you go on the apps for Pluto TV or Plex they also have live channels and they also have a different version of "The Walking Dead Universe" streaming.

Not only do those channels stream properly, but the episodes are also uncensored, unlike The Roku Channel version of "The Walking Dead Universe" which mutes swear words.

The Plex and Pluto TV versions seem to be streaming the same Walking Dead episode at the same time so it doesn't matter which app you use. While The Roku Channel (which is full of glitches and censorship) is streaming different episodes from a different season.

Another big bonus, if you watch "The Walking Dead Universe" on Pluto TV or Plex they are not playing those same 5 or 6 annoying Roku Channel ads on an endless loop that have driven me and everyone else nuts! They have different commercials, which was a breath of fresh air for me!

toddar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Relax folks Roku will fix it.  They just won't tell us when or what the actual problem is.

But they will fix it.  Eventually.

0 Kudos
JeremR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

same here, up to 30 second blackouts. At least they fixed the spanish language issue, but now this. 🤨

0 Kudos
Alphalobos1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Works better on Pluto I think

Edit, someone pointed that out

Jelge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We have been experiencing the same thing for a while here. 741 is the only channel we watch that is doing this. It doesn’t really lock up as the sound continues but the screen goes black for several seconds at a time several times an episode. I don’t recall seeing it go black during a commercial. 

Hoopla

Jump to solution

So annoying. It’s all I watch and the screen keeps going black, a LOT!

MJB95

Jump to solution

For every one of these complaint comments, there are thousands of people out there who the same problem, and just don't know what to do about it. I have been experiencing the same problem with the blackouts on 741 for almost 2 weeks now. Finally got sick of it today and went to the internet found you guys all had the same problem. Thank you for complaining and getting them started working on this! But how long is this going to take!?

And I totally agree about those same six Roku commercials over and over for almost 2 years! I've become an expert at pressing the mute button ! Well, Roku has us over a barrel for free streaming, and they know it!

Lost confidence here!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.