Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitamomm
Channel Surfer

The Chosen App won't update from version 2.1 to 2.6.1

I have a Roku TV and a tv with a Roku stick that neither will update "The Chosen" app from version 2.1 to version 2.6.1. When I check for updates it says they ARE up to date. The app looks updated but it will not play anything below the GIFTS from the tabs on the left side of the screen, when you try to go beyond it throws you out back to the ROKU home screen. It livestreamed fine last night Season 4 ep 1, but now it will not re-play it or let you watch any previous seasons. The answer is not go watch it on Youtube.

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
SueRTNSoul
Reel Rookie

The Chosen App Needs Updated to a Newer Version Show the Three Fishes Logo

When is ROKU going to update The Chosen App for unlocking Season 4 Episodes!

The Chosen Logo of Three Fishes should be showing.  Have deleted and re-installed and is still not showing the most current update of The Chosen App!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Chosen App Needs Updated to a Newer Version Show the Three Fishes Logo

@SueRTNSoul, Roku has absolutely nothing to do with The Chosen app or the vast majority of apps on the Roku platform.  I'm really starting to doubt the competency of the developer of the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SueRTNSoul
Reel Rookie

If ROKU has nothing to do with it than why do they offer apps?  

They offer the app which allows for prior seasons, etc.   There is an updated version to The Chosen App that needs to be uploaded to the ROKU Streaming Service, so yes,, they should have something to do with it if they make money from developers!  If not, why would we need ROKU Streaming!  There has to be a link to The Chosen App or anyother Apps for updating versions that are available by the Developers.  If you are not a ROKU employee, then why are you responding to my question. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@SueRTNSoul, I'm sorry, but you have it all wrong.  They are no more responsible for the apps on their devices than your phone maker is for the apps on your phone.  They provide the platform and the providers create the apps.  Believe me, I get no joy from defending Roku, but you have to know where to place the blame and it's almost always best placed on incompetent developers.

This is an open forum where for the most part users attempt to help other users.  If you're not happy with that, then you shouldn't be here.  Not to mention, your anger is misdirected.  Start hammering on The Chosen developer.  Only they can fix the app, period!

One last point, Roku is making absolutely nothing from The Chosen app.  At best they may sell a few more devices, but that's not what they're interested in.  The money is in selling advertising.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Re: The Chosen App won't update from version 2.1 to 2.6.1

This is a known bug and our backend team is working on it. 

0 Kudos
fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Re: The Chosen App won't update from version 2.1 to 2.6.1

Latest version is 2.2 

0 Kudos
Cafe-TV

Re: The Chosen App not working on ROKU

I had all of these problems on my ROKU. Here was my fix-

• The Chosen App on my phone required a username having both an _ and a - somewhere in the username. So I set that up plus a password.
  • I finally figured out that once you place get the app on ROKU, ROKU wants your email in the username, and then your Chosen password.

So I removed The Chosen app from Roku, reinstalled it, & signed in with my email + my Chosen password, and all of the problems went away. It has been working perfectly since.

0 Kudos
fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Re: The Chosen App not working on ROKU

By default Roku forces us to prompt you to use the email for your Roku account. If you hit the back button you can enter either username or email and then the password

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.