Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fran04
Reel Rookie

The Chosen App not updating

The Chosen app isn't updating on my Hisense or TCL Roku TV. I've updated on the app and says it's updated. I've tried to manually update the software on both but still showing the same app afterwards. I've asked support at the Chosen app which advised me to do the manual. Not sure what the issue is since the app automatically updated on phone and tablet. Because of this it only shows the recent season. The icon is still the old picture whereas the the current picture is on my other devices and they have all the seasons and all content. Don't know what else to do.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Chosen App not updating

What's the "Software version" displayed under Settings->System->About on the devices that won't get the update vs. the ones that have?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Fran04
Reel Rookie

The software version on the Hisense is 13.0.0 and the last automatic update was on 6/7/24. For the TCL, the software version is 13.1.4 and last automatic update was 7/27/24. #renojim

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

As long as they're not still on version 12, they should be ok.  What version do you see for the app if you highlight it on your Home Screen and press * on your remote?  You can also see it while in the app by checking its settings.  I wouldn't be surprised if the working version and non-working version are the same since I've seen it update and not change the version number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Fran04
Reel Rookie

The version on phone is 2.6.4 but on the television it is 2.9.+build 0.  So, I don't know why it's not updated. I guess I'll have to wait and hope that eventually the app on the television will update. Thanks for your time and help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.