Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonMears

Discovery+ app not opening on Roku

Jump to solution

I subscribe to Discovery+ via my Roku account.  I can stream online via my laptop and the Discovery account clearly states that my subscription is via Roku.  The issue i have is that the Discovery+ app wont open, it keeps giving me a message "Something went wrong! Please try again later".  I have tried restarting the app as suggested in your support queries but that has not helped.  i have tried rebooting the Roku, that has not helped.  I want to watch the olympics and cant as they are being streamed via Discovery+.  Please advise how we can fix this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Discovery+ app not opening on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @SimonMears,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging us about this. Channel issues can happen if the channel needs an update or if there are network problems. Since basic troubleshooting didn't solve the problem and to help you get back to streaming the Olympic games, we recommend reaching out to the channel's support team for more help. Most channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel providers themselves.

You can reach them here at Discovery+ Help Center.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SimonMears,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging us about this. Channel issues can happen if the channel needs an update or if there are network problems. Since basic troubleshooting didn't solve the problem and to help you get back to streaming the Olympic games, we recommend reaching out to the channel's support team for more help. Most channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel providers themselves.

You can reach them here at Discovery+ Help Center.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Olympics on Discovery+?   Do you mean Peacock?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.