Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deweysmith5
Channel Surfer

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

I set the resolution on my ROKU device to 1080P from 4K. It now works. This is only a patch but people can watch season four.

SadieJay

Jump to solution

Thank you! Worked like a charm. I feel as if there are all sorts of things happening to keep people from seeing this show. God bless!!♥

0 Kudos
laurahc84

Constant crash of The Chosen App

Jump to solution

So frustrating! Hoping there will be a solution soon to the Chosen App crashing constantly and then the screen on the tv going blank. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Constant crash of The Chosen App

Jump to solution

@laurahc84, have you seen this lengthy thread?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/The-Chosen-App-Season-4-Issues/td-p/972888/jump-to/fi...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
paulandheda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here. Roku 4760X - Roku Utra. Software version 13.0.0 build 24056-46 and a LG 4K TV.

On Automatic (4K) the video stops a few seconds into any (only tried season 4) episode.

Changed the Roku to 1080P and it plays fine.

Thanks to those who posted the workaround!

paulandheda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oops forgot to add using Chosen App Version 2.3 (also removed app and reloaded with no change)

0 Kudos
smacha

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

I also have similar problems with my newly installed LG model C3 smart TV.  Since this TV's system does not have inherent support for Roku, so I configured my 3810x Roku as a streaming device.   All TV apps except the Chosen App anomaly seem to playback sufficiently.   While The Chosen seasons 1 - 3 episodes and their respective discussion videos perform playback correctly, the new season 4 unlocked episodes and respective discussion videos specifically will video-lock (freeze) about 4 seconds after launch, while their audio portion continues.  Eventually a non-numbered playback error prompt is displayed.  I verified use of the latest Roku version 13 and latest Chosen version 2.3 .  Appreciate your help

amatz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That is what I was going to post. How could one know it is working for most users.

Same symptom for me, video freezes but audio continues. And if I play a livestream(no longer live) it works.

amatz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I contacted Chosen customer support via email, haven’t heard back.

0 Kudos
Bdkeith

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

It doesn't work on the firestick either. It lets me Q up the movie but won't play. Goes dark. Also I am hearing impaired and when I try to put subtitles on it kicks me out of the app all together. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.