Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deweysmith5
Channel Surfer

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

I updated to the latest version this morning, v2.4, and it seems to work with the settings still on 4k.

0 Kudos
grammymidge
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Deweysmith5, I am glad it worked for you. Sad to say my Samsung 4K with the Season 4 videos continues to freeze when viewing through my Roku Ultra Model 4662X using all of the 4K Display types. I still have to use the 1080p setting to be able to have an uninterrupted viewing of the Season 4 episodes and After Shows. I'm at a loss to explain why this only happens with Season 4 while Seasons 1-3 have no issues. I can only attribute it to my TV. Tis strange but at least it has the work around that you discovered. Thanks for finding this out.

fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Quick update for everyone. There was confirmed issues with the 4k versions of the episodes. They are being worked on and have been disabled now. You should no longer be seeing that issue. When they are fixed, then it will be available without needing to update.

sabbyblue

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

Same issue here with The Chosen app version 2.4 for Roku.  I can watch the episodes but I get the same freeze screen / audio continues / error message on the after shows.  And the app is the only place you can watch the after shows.

0 Kudos
BoLa

Jump to solution

STILL NOT WORKING!!  Episodes freeze immediately upon starting 

0 Kudos
amatz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It was working in 4K when it updated to 2.4. Today when I played the after show it froze again. I Checked the version, and it is now 2.5. I changed my Roku back to 1080p and it works ok again. Will have to wait till it is totally fixed.

0 Kudos

The Chosen App on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Ultra with the latest software update. The Chosen App is not working. I’m seeing where there could be an updated app that Roku doesn’t have yet? Or if there’s anything else that I could try. I’ve already deleted the app and reinstalled. The issue is it will start playing for 5 seconds then the screen freezes but the audio keeps playing. Anyone have this problem with the Chosen App? 

0 Kudos
grammymidge
Channel Surfer

Re: The Chosen App on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

SuthnBelle79 go into settings for your Roku Ultra the select display type. Under display type change to 1080p. You will no longer have issues with the season 4 videos. That is the solution that Deweysmith discovered and posted previously in this discussion.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.