Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mulsovia
Reel Rookie

Unable to stream or loading issue with The Chosen channel

Jump to solution

The app is not working at all on my Roku TV as promised.  Not only does the TV not respond to the app, it won't even cast from my phone's The Chosen App.  I don't know whose dropping the ball, but someone needs to pick it up!  

The app shows up on the TV when downloaded but when I try to play S4 E1, it clicks into season 3?  Weird.  If I try it again, my whole TV locks up!  Not a happy camper. 😒

I've gone through all he recommended trouble shooting from both Roku and The Chosen App website.

I can watch from my computer but more than one of us would like to watch together.  Anyone have luck??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate your post regarding the current issue you've encountered with the Chosen channel.

Please be informed that the channel provider of The Chosen channel is aware of the issue and is working on an update to resolve it. Once the channel provider releases more details about the official app update, we'll follow up on this thread.

For more information, you can contact the channel provider at The Chosen TV Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue sharing feedback with the channel provider to help investigate this issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

197 REPLIES 197
Csouth012

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

We have been having the exact same issue! The episode loads on my phone but not on Roku, app closes out or another random video starts playing! What the heck!

Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

I've been trying to troubleshoot the Chosen App, I can launch it but I can't watch anything or view episodes without it crashing every 5 seconds. I've restarted my TV and internet and nothing seems to work. Very bummed out as Season 4 JUST dropped!

cada1

Jump to solution

We had the same issue!  Ended up getting it to play thru the live stream selection. Missed the first 10 minutes though. 

Ctluther
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I am having issues with the Roku Chosen App Season 4 Episode 1 as well.  It does not play and the app shuts down.  

Played Livestream instead.  

vmadden
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We were watching Season 3 last night as an appetizer but today, it keep going back to the main menu. If we try to go down to previous seasons, it won't let us get past season 4 and just restarts and goes back to the main menu. I don't have a problem on my phone but I can't cast to our Samsung TV from my phone. What the heck is going on?! 

Jump to solution

It appears that Roku does not have the newest version 2.6.1 of the Chosen App it would have the fishes on it. I am having the same issues accessing Season 4. I have tried updating my Roku and the Chosen app but it does not up date to the new version 2.6.1

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try watching the replay of the livestream through the Chosen's Youtube channel on your Roku until the update to their channel/app is released.

Season 4, Episode One Livestream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqw8ZgslV3Y

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

I had same issue with Roku. I am also having issues with Firestick where on two of my firesticks, I cannot even download the Chosen app because it says UNAVAILABLE. That is just great. One firestick I have did have it and is fine. Works also on my phone but this whole tech thing should have been something they communicated clearly to people before this went live tonight because I am sure certain versions of their platform cannot run it. 

Artiscolor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  I emailed app@thechosen.tv and said it's crashing and not working. Hope they fix this. I can't even get past seasons to play.  Please keep me updated 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.