Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AWDragon
Reel Rookie

TSN live streams not working on Roku

I am logged into my Bell Fibe TV account provider and i cannot watch live channels from TSN. I contacted their helpdesk and they have escalated to Level 2 and opened a support ticket but it has been open for over 1 month now. 

On demand programs work but live channel i get "Protected Content License Error".  

I do not have this issue using the same login credentials on Fire TV stick of Google TV Chromecast. It works fine on these two platforms. It must be a bug specific to the TSN app on Roku platform.

I have deleted app, rebooted, re-logged in and same issue. No other live stream apps on my Roku have this issue.

protected content license error.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TSN live streams not working on Roku

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @AWDragon!

We highly appreciate all of the troubleshooting steps you have taken. Since this is an isolated case with the TSN Live TV app on your Roku streaming device, and you have mentioned communicating with them regarding this matter, we highly recommend continuing to do so as they are the ones who created, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform. It may be working on other streaming platforms, but please be aware that the app itself has a different build/version on different platforms. 

Furthermore, you can try to update the app by highlighting the channel tile on your Home screen, pressing the star* button on your remote, and selecting "update the app."

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address, and we'd be more than happy to listen and take appropriate action, as your satisfaction and convenience are what we aim for.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dubon07

Re: TSN live streams not working on Roku

I'm having the exact same issue. Any solution for this yet????

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.