Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill83
Reel Rookie

TDS TV+ app not available on Roku.

Does anyone have a timeline for when TDS TV+ app will be available on ROKU?  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: TDS TV+ app not available on Roku.

TDS would be the company that would know whether they are working on a Roku app.  (Whether they want to tell you about it before they announce it is another question.)

Almost all channels on Roku devices are written by the content owners. (Except for a few things like The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Tbrown1959

So, can I access TDS+ on Roku?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

More explicitly...

It may not be apparent to many users that the various channel owners create, submit to Roku, and maintain the specific Roku-compatible versions of their apps that run on the Roku operating system. They also specify the geographical regions in which their channel apps may be offered.

The only channel apps created by Roku are The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Server, and a few informational channels about Roku features.  Otherwise, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

If you want to have a specific channel for your Roku and region, you need to convince the channel owner (TDS in this case) to create a Roku-compatible version of their app, specify where it is to be available, agree to Roku's conditions, and submit it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
EllisJane

I just called tDS as we recently switched and they said we couldn’t it through Roku. But I can’t find it and when I called TDS right now the rep said it should show and referred me tk the TV manufacturer. What gives? 
i will be upset if i just changed my service and cant get it through Roku!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.