Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveyj
Binge Watcher

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to help out here!  Have tried all these steps repeatedly, and have kept carefully to the right sequence, but nothing works.  I keep getting kicked out by Watch TCM every time.  I have the low-end Roku Express, now about 3 years old.  Every other streaming channel works fine.  As many others have reported, only Watch TCM keeps giving us grief.  I have done the suggested reporting to both Roku and TCM.  Something yet may emerge, or I may just have to break down and spend another 30-40 bucks for a new Roku device. Again, thanks to you people out there.  There are truly a community of helpers on this forum.  DaveyJ (short for Davey Jones's Locker)  

0 Kudos
ArtHouse64
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

The Watch TCM app is still not working on my Roku Ultra. I believe there's a bug in the app and it's not jiving with the latest update from Roku. What happens over and over is when I click sign in the app can't seem to decide to auto log you back in or give you the code to activate the sign in. You can see it flash trying to go back to your current credentials and then flashes a code to activate and then it crashes. At this point according to TCM they are aware of the issue and working on it. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ArtHouse64 @RubySchwartz 

If you havent already tried reinstalling TCM, you should (it may or may not work):

1) Remove the TCM app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the TCM app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Otherwise, make sure you report the TCM app not loading to Roku/TCM:

Highlight Watch TCM/Options (*)/Give us Feedback/Channel failed to launch

https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I reported this to TCM via their website yesterday.  Today I received the following email:

Thanks for reaching out to TCM. We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Watch TCM. Our team has identified the issue that is impacting some Roku devices and are currently working on implementing a fix. Meanwhile, Watch TCM is available on multiple platforms; click here to see how you can watch!

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue; we’ll keep you updated on our progress with the fix. Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime.

Best,
Kathy at TCM

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dfc
Binge Watcher

Re: Cannot access TCM (09/2021 ver 1.0, build 81) - format changed - will not allow me to sign in.

Jump to solution

Using model 3810X. Followed your 3-step instructions. Got to Watch TCM, clicked 'I accept', clicked 'Watchlist', clicked 'sign in', sign in code appeared for a second then brought me back to the 'Watch TCM' page.

Or selecting 'Watch TCM' starts loading for a second then brings me back to the Roku Home page.

Fwms33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

WATCH TCM is not loading for me.  I have installed and uninstalled several times.  When I try to sign in the screen goes back to Home Screen.  There is a new look to Watch TCM also.  Any ideas when this loading problem will be fixed? 

parkj1119

Jump to solution

No, this post did nothing to rectify the Watch TCM app crashing problem. It's impossible to get to the signout link as the app crashes very quickly.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Cannot access TCM (09/2021 ver 1.0, build 81) - format changed - will not allow me to sign in.

Jump to solution

@dfc wrote:

Using model 3810X. Followed your 3-step instructions. Got to Watch TCM, clicked 'I accept', clicked 'Watchlist', clicked 'sign in', sign in code appeared for a second then brought me back to the 'Watch TCM' page.

Or selecting 'Watch TCM' starts loading for a second then brings me back to the Roku Home page.

That's exactly what I and others are seeing too.  Every time you reinstall you get to start over with the apparent full user interface but must log in to your tv provider.  The login attempt quickly flashes a logoff button as though you had successfully logged in, then back to Roku home page.  Try again without reinstalling and it barely starts to build the user interface then dumps you back to the Roku home screen.

Who is your TV provider?  Mine is Directv.  I'm wondering if this is related to an incompatibility with one or more particular subscription verification systems, but I don't really think this is likely.

Is there ANYBODY out there able to run Watch TCM build 81?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

TCM updated their app on Sept 2 and EVERYBODY is having the crashing problem now with the Roku version of Watch TCM.  Or at least a ton of people are complaining about it and I haven't heard anybody saying Watch TCM ver 1.0 build 81 is working for them.

[Edit:  this appears to be a problem with TCM accounts verified through Directv and perhaps others as their tv provider.  People with YouTube TV as their provider are not reporting this problem.]

TCM has been informed and has reported back they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  Now it's a matter of waiting until they get it fixed and a new version of their app distributed.

See this existing thread for more information: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Cannot-access-TCM-format-changed-will-not-all...

Meanwhile, right now I'm watching on the Android version of the Watch TCM app on my Android phone and mirroring it to my Roku 3810.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

I have never been able to watch tcm app since forever because YTTV wasn't a listed provider. But I just added the channel, signed in and found that it now accepts yttv as a provider, and works for me using a TCL Roku tv. I started watching "The Professionals"  with Lee Marvin and Burt Lancaster. Build 81. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos