Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miken1981
Reel Rookie

Switch from Paramount+ on The Roku Channel to standard Paramount+ app?

I had previously subscribed to Paramount+ Essentials thru my Roku. The app has the "on The Roku Channel" bad at the bottom. I cancelled my subscription because my new roommate has a full Paramount+ and Showtime subscription.  So I added the regular Paramount+ app and when I open it it navigates straight to a screen saying I am already signed up on The Roku Channel. And the only button/option is to "continue" and create a Paramount+ account to link to the Roku account.

How do I simply log in to a different Paramount+ account?

I thought it may be related to the "Paramount+ on the roku channel" app, but there is no option to delete the app when pressing the asterisk/star button. And no way to delete the account through roku.com

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switch from Paramount+ on The Roku Channel to standard Paramount+ app?

This is just a guess, but when you cancel a subscription you still have access to it until its current period expires.  You may have to wait until that happens.  If it has already happened, then I don't know.  Can you still use it through The Roku Channel?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
miken1981
Reel Rookie

Re: Switch from Paramount+ on The Roku Channel to standard Paramount+ app?

That makes sense. We may be stuck with the regular version til it runs out, then we can log into the full with the new credentials and get everything and Showtime. Thanks!

0 Kudos