Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaliisah
Reel Rookie

Suddenly Lost Ability to Connect to Frank Speech

Jump to solution

Until two days ago, I was happily watching Frank Speech. Suddenly, it quit working. I get the main menu but when I click the channel I want to watch, nothing happens. After several tries, I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I put in my email and code on my computer as requested, it soon says activated on the computer but the app does not update, If I reboot, I get the title screen but again, none of the channels work when selected. I am using a Roku Ultra - 4802R, if that matters. What happened? At present, I am resorting to watching it on my phone but that isn't a viable work around because I get interrupted by phone calls.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Suddenly Lost Ability to Connect to Frank Speech

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaliisah,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us here regarding your playback issue with the Food Network. No worries; we're here to find you the best resolution possible.

To clarify, when you removed the channel, did you also perform a system restart and add the channel again?

If the issue persists after rebooting your device's system, we highly recommend you contact the channel provider directly about this matter. They are the best ones who will further assist you with this, as many channels/apps on Roku are created, provided, and maintained by the channel services/providers themselves.
If you need further clarification or assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Jaliisah
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This afternoon, I went to Frank Speech and it worked! Don't know if you did something or whether it resolved itself but either way, I am delighted! Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaliisah,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us here regarding your playback issue with the Food Network. No worries; we're here to find you the best resolution possible.

To clarify, when you removed the channel, did you also perform a system restart and add the channel again?

If the issue persists after rebooting your device's system, we highly recommend you contact the channel provider directly about this matter. They are the best ones who will further assist you with this, as many channels/apps on Roku are created, provided, and maintained by the channel services/providers themselves.
If you need further clarification or assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jaliisah
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This afternoon, I went to Frank Speech and it worked! Don't know if you did something or whether it resolved itself but either way, I am delighted! Thank you

0 Kudos