Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evc1861
Channel Surfer

Streaming services compatible with Roku

I live in the 63385 zip code area (near St. Louis,MO).  Having serious problems locating an affordable streaming service that would provide local channels.  Does anybody have an affordable recommendation?  $100± per month is just too much for a Senior citizen.  Any recommendations really appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming services compatible with Roku

There are not many options for streaming local broadcast channels. Some stations offer their own feed (but not many). But there are some, and I believe you can stay well below $100 with most if not all of them. Here's what I can find with a quick search (not in any particular order)

Hulu Plus Live TV $76.99-89.99 85+ channels 30 day free trial
Sling TV $40-60 from 30-130+ channels 3 day free trial
fuboTV $74.99-94.99 220+ channels 7 day free trial
Paramount Plus $5.99 only the local CBS station 7 day free trial
YouTube TV $72.99 100+ channels 7 day free trial

Sling TV might be the most cost-effective choice. However, I just dug deeper and found this caveat:

FOX, NBC and ABC are available for some Blue subscribers in select cities. 

So, not all locals are available there. Hulu with Live TV is $76.99, and has the most generous free trial period. The higher monthly price is to remove ads (except for Live TV). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.