Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lkf58

I can't get Local channels on Roku

How do I watch my local channels 

I have my tv hooked up to an antenna 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I can't get Local channels on Roku

Hi @Lkf58,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to help you get started with your local channels. It seems like you've successfully set your antenna. 

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote 

3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup

Note: If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

For additional information you can visit our support page here on how to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system.

We hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't get Local channels on Roku

@Lkf58 

If you have an actual RokuTV, then @RokuERey instructions should be followed to view your local channels.

If you have a Roku device connected to your TV via an HDMI cable, or using a Roku Streaming Stick inserted via the HDMI port of your TV, you will need to use your TV remote (not Roku remote), and select the "Antenna" (or similar language) input of your TV in order to view local channels. (look for a "source" or "input" button on your TV remote to toggle between available inputs to locate the antenna input.)

Roku streaming devices lack a TV tuner.  You will need to swap between your TV's antenna input (to view local channels) and the Roku HDMI port (to view streaming channels/apps).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.