Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finster22

Streaming Rental Has Terrible Audio

Rented a movie from Row8 and about 15 minutes in the dialogue (talking) became very fuzzy. Then it disappeared entirely. I could still here the music and any other sound effects but the dialogue became so quiet it was almost non existent. Exiting out and getting back in seemed to fix the problem for a time, but it always returned. 

Checked all other streaming platforms. Netflix, Paramount,.etc are all fine. It's just the rental that is having the issue. Anyone else have this?

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming Rental Has Terrible Audio

@Finster22

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ArtPays

I had the same issue.  When the dialogue would stop playing (happened A LOT), we had to rewind and replay to hear what they said. There was also a very loud screech audio spike sound every 5-10 minutes that hurt our ears.  

Also, a night when my friends were over, when I originally rented, we tried everything to get the video to play. It stated that there was a problem in our area. An hour later, we gave up. Row8 would not refund my money the next day even though my friends were gone and the movie was no longer needed. Ended up watching weeks later with my daughter just to not feel so ripped off.  Missing tons of the dialogue, stopping & rewinding, turning the volume up and down: I still feel ripped off.  Wish Roku had a way for people to let others know to not throw their money & entertainment time away!  Row8 is just wrong! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ArtPays,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the ROW8 channel and we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos