Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ladyjane719
Binge Watcher

Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

I have Roku Express 4K+ installed on my two TV's.  Recently am having problems with the Newsmax streaming.  For example, I can access it in the morning but when I try to access it in the late afternoon/evening it doesn't work.  All I get is a screen to view previous hosts.  This is very annoying.  I've reinstalled the Newsmax channel, unplugged the connections, went from Roku to TV and back again but still no streaming.  My cable company won't carry Newsmax so I have to rely on Roku to watch it.  Is this a Roku problem or Newsmax?  All my other channels work with no problem.

54 REPLIES 54
SLKrumlauf
Reel Rookie

Newsmax ends live streaming on Roku?

For several days now, suddenly we can no longer watch our favorite news shows on Newsmax as a live stream.  This issue exists for both television sets in two different rooms with Roku installed, so it would appear not to be a local equipment issue.  Now we either have to wait until the program is over and watch it as an archived video file, or, watch it live on You Tube.  Has Newsmax dropped all live programming via Roku? 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Newsmax ends live streaming on Roku?

@SLKrumlauf 

Newsmax occassionally has issues with their Channel/app re: their Live TV stream.  Sometimes you can just press the left arrow key on remote and select "Live TV" as a workaround when the normal Live TV box is not available in their Home Menu.  (Currently the left button trick is also not working on my RokuTV.)

When the above happens, the Channel/app is normally fixed in a day or so.  Whenever this happens, just watch Newsmax on the Roku Channel Live TV ch. 150.  Also available on Pluto 236, Plex, and Rumble has live Newsmax.

Many times the problem is device specific.  Newsmax Channel/app Live TV is currently not working on my RokuTV but is working correctly on my Ultra 4660.

Edited: Just checked now and Newsmax Live TV appears to be working on my RokuTV now as well.  I did not have to, but you may want to highlight NewsmaxTV, then press the * button on your remote and update the Channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Sru812

Re: Newsmax ends live streaming on Roku?

As of Jan. 24th (Monday) 2022, Roku appears to be blocking the Live Newsmax stream on Mondays only. This has been confirmed over multiple weeks by comparing to our other streaming devices in home (FireTV 4K sticks) and it has been found that ONLY ROKU devices block this app's stream (Newsmax) on Mondays. This is curious to perhaps contribute to suppressing / censoring news services. Also, please note: this encourages me to change out my remaining Roku devices to the now improved and superior FireTV 4K sticks. Thank you for the effort though. 

SLKrumlauf
Reel Rookie

Newsmax ends live streaming on Roku?

Very interesting!  Roku blocking Newsmax's live stream seems to be happening a lot lately.  I never associated it with a particular day of the week, however.  But, it makes sense.  Next Monday, we'll be paying more attention!  Of course, Newsmax repeats a lot of their programs, so, you can always watch the replay from their archive.  The archived programs seem to be available almost immediately after they've aired live.  If Roku begins blocking Newsmax's archived material, then it's time to bail out of Roku!

AvsGunnar

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

@Ladyjane719 

It is a Newsmax Channel/app issue.   Occurs occasionally, and normally only the LiveTV feature is affected.  It will resolve itself on its own (never more than a day, normally in just a matter of hours).

You can watch Newsmax on Roku Channel Live TV (ch. 150), Pluto TV (ch. 236), Xumo Channel (ch. 138),  Plex (Live TV - News and Opinion channels).

Littleman2

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

I tried this and still NewsMax is no longer live streaming on my Roku beginning after noon.  'cant figure out why it is not streaming live. OAN is streaming so it is not my streaming service.

@HankB wrote:

OK .... I was able to resolve the problem (hopefully it keeps working).  Originally I would access NewMax-TV by using my remote and going to Roku Channel then selecting NewsMax from the Live-TV options.

What I just now did was pull out my trusty laptop and signed-in to My-Roku-Account .. then went to Channel-Store ... found NewMax-TV and "added the Channel".  It then appreared as it's own choice on the main Roku screen on each of my 3 TVs.

I'll mark the problem "solved" (hope it remains solved) ... 🙂

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Re: NewsMax-TV no longer works ?

@Littleman2 

The Newsmax Channel/app has been having more problems as of late.  It certainly is nothing you are doing.

If you must have the Newsmax Channel/app, then Remove the Channel, do a System Restart, and then Reinstall Channel.  (This will clear out any corrupted cache and install the latest/updated version).

The above will not guarantee the LiveTV will immediately work, but will give you the latest version.  Newsmax Channel will just start working again on its own (it short order), once its developers address the latest issues.

If all you want to do is watch the Newsmax LiveTV rather than the recorded programs, then best alternative is to just watch it on the Roku Channel LiveTV (ch 150), Pluto LiveTV (ch 236) or on RumbleTV.

----Newsmax Channel/app used to have an issue maybe monthly, now seems to have an issue with their LiveTV just about every other week).  I have removed it from my Roku and now just watch it mainly on Roku Channel or Rumble.

0 Kudos

This is not correct. I haven't been able to watch Newsmax for 3 days now. I watch Newsmax all day usually and this if very annoying. I've tried roku live Channel 150 and that no longer works either. I can still watch OAN live but it is never live. OAN runs days behind the current news. This seriously needs to be fixed. 

AvsGunnar

@Teresamhall 

Then you are having a unique issue if you cannot watch Newsmax on the other LiveTV streaming providers I mentioned above.  Have you tried Pluto ch. 236 or Xumo ch. 138.

Regarding your issue with OAN, are you sure you are watching OAN Live either through the subscription OAN Channel/app, KlowdTV, etc.  All the free Channels/apps offer OAN Plus, which is previously-recorded content although it is streaming on LiveTV. 

Perhaps your issue is device or region related.  I can at least tell you that at this point, the Newsmax Channel/app is currently working (kind of-- you have to use left arrow to access live TV as large selection box is still missing), as well as the alternative methods I mentioned above.

If you are still having issue, post back with your Roku model number and if you are seeing any error codes while attempting to stream.

0 Kudos