Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmijo
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax ends live streaming on Roku?

Seems to be happening 24/7 now.  However I have a firestick on another tv that is working fine.

I can only see recorded and not live on the Roku.  They are blocking CPAC for sure. 

SLKrumlauf
Reel Rookie

Newsmax ends live streaming on Roku?

Yes, my wife is complaining about Newsmax being blocked almost any day of the week now.  It doesn't just appear to be on Mondays, necessarily.  It does seem deliberate.  I wonder who we can complain to?  I don't seem to have that issue at all on my Newsmax app installed in my Amazon HD Fire tablet or my Android cell phone.  It appears to be primarily a Roku problem.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Jimmijo @SLKrumlauf

We're sorry to hear abou the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cy1_cy1

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

It's not unique as I am having the same issue.  Newsmax hasn't worked since Thursday.  It works fine on the mobile app, but not on the Roku app.

TannerT
Reel Rookie

Channel access Inquiry | No Newsmax live

This reply is nonsense. While ROKU periodically won't show NewsMax live whenever I check other devices they bring Live NewsMax right up.

It isn't a problem on the NewsMax side. The problem is on Roku

Ladyjane719
Binge Watcher

It’s really annoying especially since my cable company doesn’t or possibly won’t carry Newsmax.  Yesterday I had the app on Roku, switched off and when I went back in app didn’t work.  Had to watch live. Can’t understand why Newsmax can’t fix the problem.

If Roku is more beholding to the media than its consumers, then its time to stop giving them our money.  

Paulina
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel LIVE on Roku

Why is the LIVE Newsmax box missing when I play the NewsMax channel in Roku?  This is happening more frequently.  Usually, I can get out and go back in and it's there, but that's not happening.  Can Roku please determine the issue and fix it?  Thanks bunches!  

Manleyman
Reel Rookie

I to have been having the same issue for more than a week now. 

Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

Piling on here.  For the past week or so, 80% of the time I launch the Newsmax app I get the same thing- just a bunch of tiles for the different shows, and nothing for the active one.  Sometimes if I bounce out and come back in I can get the active tile, but usually not.  Very frustrating as a cord cutter since I like being able to stream Newsmax.

Edit: I tried deleting and reading the channel on my Roku.  Problem persists,