Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manleyman
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel LIVE on Roku

Same issue

Manleyman
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

With regards to Newsmax it is not a singular or device issue. It has gone on for over a week for me, it is an application issue. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

For those users that are new to Roku, you need to know that Roku only provides the platform/environment for these different Channels/apps.

The actual Channel developer is responsible for making changes/updates/fixes, etc.  In this case, it is NewsmaxTV (https://www.newsmaxtv.com/feedback).

I have seen some saying this is a Roku issue because it works on their phone app, their Firestick, etc.  These are different platforms/different coding.

I have been a long time Newsmax viewer and this is a chronic problem with the Newsmax Channel/app on the Roku.  It will fix itself... I don't even bother to contact Newsmax anymore because it is met with a generic response.  

Other than using an alternative method as mentioned above until Newsmax fixes their Channel/app, there is nothing Roku can/will do.

I understand the frustration, but demanding Roku fix a Newsmax issue is not how this works.  The Channel developer has to fix the issue.

Hope this clears it up for some.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

I contacted them thru their website and provided a link to this forum topic.  Maybe if they see how widespread the problem is, and how frustrated people are, that'll light a fire under their butts.

Manleyman
Reel Rookie

I did the same, kudos. 

5dnvr8
Streaming Star

Channel access Inquiry | No Newsmax live

The NewsMax app worked perfectly for a year, only recently has it been acting up, & on multiple Roku devices. Our old Roku LT does not seem to have a problem.

NewsMax on the Rumble app drops out after ~10 mins, a bit frustrating.

But the Roku channel tip paid off, no problems on NewsMax channel there. In fact, there is music during some of the commercials, kind of nice. Better than commercials.

Paulina
Reel Rookie

I might have resolved it for my TV.  After reading some of your feedback, I went in through Roku Live and I was able to get into Newsmax Live that way.  I see your point that it's not a Roku problem but a Newsmax app problem.  But maybe Roku development could forward our blog discussion on to Newsmax?  I think they would respond to Roku a lot faster than any of us Roku users. 

Thank you to all you Roku bloggers for your help and advice!  You're great!!!  

rguthrie

Re: Newsmax TV won’t play

I have two Roku devices and have used them almost everyday.

A few years ago I also bought an Amazon Fire Stick, which is attached to a TV in a guest bedroom and is seldom used.

I have found out that the Fire Stick plays Newsmax TV without any problems - every time!

So blame Newsmax all you want, but I'll have a different opinion.

And I'll now use the Fire Stick every day.

0 Kudos
Peds4210
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax ends live streaming on Roku?

Is Roku for sure stopping the live stream of NEWSMAX? I want to know for sure. If so I just want to know now so I can go to another device

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

I reinstalled Newmax Channel/app again today to see if working since I had removed it and just watch it through RumbleTV or Roku Channel 150.

Mountain Time 9:50pm Roku Ultra 4660

After I reinstalled it - still no LiveTV box or left arrow trick.  I pressed * button on remote and "Check for Updates".  The Newsmax Channel updated.  No Live TV box but the left arrow trick worked and launched LiveTV.  I then restarted the Roku device.  Still no LiveTV box and left arrow trick again did not work. pressed * button and an update was again available.  This time LiveTV box was available and worked as well as left arrow trick.

However, each time I exited the Newsmax Channel, the LiveTV box was again missing when I rentered/launched the Channel/app.  I simply exited Channel, pressed the *button and updated the Channel and then LiveTV box becomes available.

So it looks like the developers are making progress.  Maybe will be fixed soon as you should not have to update Channel/app everytime you watch it.

------

UPDATED 10:10 pm Mountain Time

Removed Newsmax Channel, performed a System Restart, Reinstalled Newsmax Channel.  It now seems to be fixed (as least for now) as the LiveTV Box is present/remains present after exiting and re-launching Channel/app multiple times.  Also rebooted Roku multiple times and all seems good now.

Hopefully, you all are good to go until next time. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos