Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stop the spanish ads on english language chosen content!!!!

Hello! @Jenstoh2,

We appreciate your post in the Roku Community!

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We want all of our customers to have a positive experience when using Roku, and We understand that this wasn't the case for you. We're going to share this feedback with our internal Ads team so they can take a closer look at it.  

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fix1tnow
Reel Rookie

The ION channel most of the time

Even in the apps installed on the Roku. Like Fubo

Ads for McDonalds, Gain, Swiffer, Mr. Clean, Tide, Coors, many more..

0 Kudos
Fix1tnow
Reel Rookie

I believe that is what simulcasting is for..  Also, what is the purpose for selecting our language setting if it is going to be ignored? This didn't used to be an issue, so what changed? It seems political..

Emissary35
Roku Guru

They are pushing ads in the Spanish language in order to cater to the millions of illegal aliens invading America under the corrupt Biden administration. They believe they are future democrat voters, that's why they are being allowed to enter and made comfortable. It all needs to stop!

0 Kudos
LeslieinOregon
Reel Rookie

Re: Spanish Commercials on Roku

Okay, Roku! You are losing subscribers and you don't seem to care. This is America, we speak English. There are many Spanish channels available for those who want to live here yet not learn the language of our country, so WHY are the rest of us stuck with all these Spanish commercials? After two YEARS of negative comments. Do we need to start calling your advertisers directly and telling them that we are now boycotting them specifically and leaving Roku? I have already called several companies to let them know that if people want to shave their groin areas, fine, but I don't need to watch their commercials on, in the middle of the day while young children are watching!

0 Kudos

As long as English is our national language, it should be the only language used in commercials. There was a time when the people who immigrated here would want to learn the English language quickly and become Americans. When my great grandparents immigrated here from Germany in the early 1800’s, they learned English as quickly as they could. By the time my Grandmother was born, no German was spoken in the house because they were “Americans” and so they spoke English. I feel that if you want to become a citizen then you should speak our language. If I went to live in a foreign country, my first project would be learning their language. I would never make them speak English to me. 

0 Kudos
hanaskees
Channel Surfer

My sentiments exactly, Thank you for commenting.

0 Kudos
hanaskees
Channel Surfer

That is the first positive comment from an entity associated with Roku, Please push for change, The technology is available to use, They just have to put aside their current "woke"  ideology like most of America, and think logically before choosing to conform, Apply common sense principals when decisions are rendered, And keep in mind that we the people of this great nation deserve much better than what we have endured these last few years, It is our turn to be happy, secure, and content. Its time to put America and its citizens first, We are indivisible, with liberty and justice for the select few whom live in a red state, Who also acknowledges the biological fact that a man is a man and a woman is a woman...

0 Kudos
hanaskees
Channel Surfer

Yes, I agree 100%. Please keep this thread going, share with friends and thank you for your comment.

0 Kudos
hanaskees
Channel Surfer

Thank you, I am quite sure there are many more that are annoyed but do not have the time to post. Should conduct a member survey explicitly targeted to likes and dislikes regarding foriegn language ads, Its just a slap in the face and a perfect display of DEI and wokeism in America, and should not be allowed in our personal entertainment collection. Your ADS department or I should say those responsible for this act of betrayal should be terminated. This is America, We speak, read, and write English. What dont you understand !

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.