Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catfanx2
Channel Surfer

Star Trek The Ready Room recently limited to 20 episodes on Paramount Plus but only via Roku device

Using our Roku streaming device (Roku Ultra), we have been watching Star Trek shows (on Paramount Plus) that contain The Ready Room.  As of a week and a half ago, all of The Ready Room episodes were available for each Star Trek show.  However, when we started watching again a couple of nights ago, only the last 20 episodes of The Ready Room are available for each Star Trek show.  But when I open Paramount Plus using my phone app (not via a Roku streaming device), all of The Ready Room episodes are available, not just the last 20.  So this appears to be an issue with Paramount Plus via the Roku device.  (We have two Roku streaming devices and the issue shows up on both.)  I've checked for app updates on Roku and Paramount Plus is up-to-date.  I am not able to remove the app and reinstall it -- our subscription is through Roku so the option of removing the app isn't available.  Any thoughts on what may cause this issue only when using Paramount Plus via the Roku device?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Star Trek The Ready Room recently limited to 20 episodes on Paramount Plus but only via Roku dev

I'm guessing Paramount+'s customer service isn't any better than anyone else's these days, but you might try asking them why their Roku app only shows 20 episodes since they're responsible for it.  If you're watching Paramount+ through The Roku Channel, things get muddled and I don't know which side is responsible, but if you're using their stand-alone app, it's definitely Paramount+.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Catfanx2
Channel Surfer

Re: Star Trek The Ready Room recently limited to 20 episodes on Paramount Plus but only via Roku dev

I'm going to try that. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll provide an update here once I do that. 

0 Kudos
Catfanx2
Channel Surfer

The Paramount Plus customer support representative was not able to determine what's causing the issue.  He tried resetting the account, having me reset the Roku, etc, but nothing improved.  This has now been elevated to their technical team (as of 3 pm 9 Aug 2024).

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.