Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BumbleRex

Spotify not showing “now playing” songs

Jump to solution

Hey, all. My Spotify app on my Roku was working last week. I came home from a trip and now it’s doing this weird thing where it plays music, but it doesn’t show a “now playing” song. I can’t see what’s playing, the queue, any of that. If I start a playlist or podcast, it kicks me to the main screen.

I tried updating the app, my Roku, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, connecting from my phone (which failed repeatedly), and even cycling my internet.

Does anyone have any ideas??

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spotify not showing “now playing” songs

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Spotify app. We're happy to help.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact Spotify Support, as this issue might need to be addressed directly with the app provider.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Key0te
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked fixed the problem but it has to be done in the order in which it says to do you have to go into the settings and restart the tv/device then reinstall spotify

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Fukrokü

Jump to solution

Same happening to us they need to fix asap.

0 Kudos
BenFoxtail
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No answers for you, but am having the same problem. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

0 Kudos
Key0te
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here also I am able to get it to launch on roku using my phone but it won't play on the roku app instead plays on my phone app and refuses to fully connect to the app on the roku from my phone

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Spotify app. We're happy to help.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact Spotify Support, as this issue might need to be addressed directly with the app provider.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
BenFoxtail
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I took those exact steps twice (unplugging the Roku completely for 10 minutes the second time.) Did not work. 

0 Kudos
Key0te
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked fixed the problem but it has to be done in the order in which it says to do you have to go into the settings and restart the tv/device then reinstall spotify

0 Kudos
Cadirect

Jump to solution

Following the steps did correct the issue of the now playing not showing on my #RokuTV--BUT the device sync still persists... When I choose my Roku TV via the 'listen from your device' on EITHER my #iPhone and my #MacBook, the song does start on the TV, but the phone/laptop also continues to play and 'connecting' just continues to flash while the music continues on TV AND mobile device. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.