Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mdhartha
Channel Surfer

Spotify cannot play video, freezes and restarts

Hi,

When I try to play the video podcast Breaking Points my Roku freezes and restarts every time.  I've had limited success with the JRE video podcast where it sometimes plays but most of the time crashes the app or restarts the Roku after freezing.   

I have tried resetting my wifi network, removing the channel, restarting the Roku, adding the channel back, searched for updates and cleared the cache on the Roku device.  None of these actions helped resolve the problem.  It's super annoying that my device does not qualify for agent support and I have wasted a lot of time with Roku boards and internet searches.  I am strongly considering a Google smart home now, thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Mdhartha
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify cannot play video, freezes and restarts

Anyone?  Anything?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mdhartha,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the behavior you have encountered with the Spotify channel. We would like to know more about how we can help. What device are you using to play Spotify? Also, when did this issue start to occur?

In the meantime, it might be a good option to contact the channel provider and let them know about the issue you're experiencing. Most channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mdhartha
Channel Surfer

Hello @RokuTakashi,  I have a Roku premiere 4630x. This has been a problem as long as I've tried to play Spotify videos which has been the past 6 months or so.  JRE would sometimes play but most of the time the app would force quit.  Now breaking points just freezes and forces a restart.

I contacted Spotify.  They directed me to you. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Mdhartha
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mdhartha,

Thanks for keeping us posted and providing follow-up information regarding your concern.

An upgrade is considered a great option since newer Roku devices are more updated and optimized for streaming. You can check out Roku streaming devices at this link: Roku Streaming Players

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos