Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hansenkd

Spotify app cutting off last seconds of last song in playlist

The end of a playlist crashes at the end of the last song and cuts off the very end.  The display moving from one song to the next also switches prematurely, before the former song is over.  Needs to be fixed ASAP!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
buzzneon
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify app cutting off last seconds of last song in playlist

I'm seeing this too, but what I'm seeing is a side-effect of a different issue:

The Spotify app on my Roku will start playing a track, and at about 30 seconds into the track, the timeline will jump ahead by about 15-30 seconds. The audio is uninterrupted. The timeline continues to time down until it reaches 0, and then just sits there for however long the track continues to play. Usually the player waits for the audio to complete, but often it'll just cut off the track and jump to the next queued track.

I've tried:

• signing out of Spotify and back in
  • rebooting the Roku
  • deleting the Spotify app and re-installing it

Spotify app version (I promise I'm not making this up!):

• 2023.10.09_7-5b0cfed E release-v2.269-1-g87cc345-mlfavh HEAD-v3.203.233-g11721767 2.11.65

My Roku:

• Model: 4802X- Roku Ultra
  • Software Version: 12.5.0 - build 4172-C2
  • Uptime 5.5 hours
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hansenkd @buzzneon,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We just want to thank you for flagging us about this and we'd be more than happy to assist you. Could you also share with us a Tracker ID about this? Here is how you can get it; (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
buzzneon
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuERey 

Here is the tracking number:

• XL-416-158

To reproduce it, I:

• Stopped all music playing on the Spotify app
  • Navigated to a playlist
  • Navigated to a track in the playlist
  • Played the track (so I played a track in the playlist, not the playlist itself)
  • The timeline started counting, and right at 30 seconds it jumped ahead to 57 seconds and kept advancing from there
    • The audio didn't jump, the audio kept playing normally, it was just the timeline
  • Hit the home/back button appropriately to get the ID (I didn't let the track finish).

I've found that this is the most reliable way to reproduce the bug - I wouldn't say it happens 100% of the time, but definitely more than 80% of the time.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@buzzneon,

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.