Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChannelSam
Reel Rookie

Spectrum TV App Deep Links

I am trying to figure out if Spectrum supports deep links in the Spectrum TV App. It was a case study in frustration trying to find out at the Spectrum website and chat. Basically all they could tell me is "You can set the channel it starts on". No matter how I asked if they support deep linking all the "tech support" chat could say was "You can set the channel it starts on.

I can already start the spectrum app using a POST command. Just what to now if I can specify a channel with a deep link or not. Don't need to hear about the others like Youtube TV or Hulu that do support it. I am already aware.

My issue is my brother had a stroke and has functional issues and they are not willing to change providers.  They also already have rokus on most/all TV's. If spectrum offers deep linking and someone can tell me how to get the links....then I can make a simple BIG 5 button remote that will allow my brother to turn on one of five channels by himself.

I appreciate any help I can get

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum TV App Deep Links

I think it's going to take someone with inside information at Spectrum.  I don't think anyone at Roku would even know.  Does the Spectrum app support entering channel numbers via ECP?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ChannelSam
Reel Rookie

Don't know if you can or not. Spectrum support is pretty much useless. They promote the roku app as an alternative to cable boxes but know one will answer your questions about deep linking other than what I said before...I know I can do it with AppleTV so I may have to just give up and try that at some point.

Reaches a point where it's not worth the frustration. Spectrum app appears castrated to be near useless. So about what you would expect from them...especially now that they what to sell their own box.

Does anyone know how I would go about finding the deep links for ANY app at all on a ROKU?

0 Kudos
Rok4MomProject
Reel Rookie

I thought I had it... but no.

0 Kudos