Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost all my antenna channels

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Rabidrat911.

We believe this outage should be fixed already. If it is still occurring on your device, may we know if you are trying to set up your Roku device's OTA channels? Do your other devices have this issue?

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Why I'm leery of ever getting a smart TV (in any way shape or form), I still watch OTA (Over The Air with an antenna).  I keep recapping the power supplies & fixing what I can on my older flat screens as they seem more robust, & closer to a TV than a Computer.

The Roku Sticks, & boxes I have discovered are wonderful accessories or "components" to older sets, but I like to keep the set itself not integrated with the smart or internet device.  

I'm actually in a fringe viewing area (meaning I have somewhat difficulty picking up my local TV channels now, especially since the last FCC Repack).  I would be OK if the Manufactures even left the TV Tuner itself out of the set, & buy as a separate component, as there is a difference in TV tuners.     

0 Kudos
Triplet374

I went to system> Network Connection reset. That worked for me.

0 Kudos
WearySoul

I just tried all the tips for restoring my channels, short of a total factory reset. Is there anything else I should try based on the following information from the Issue Report Tracker?

Model—5401X Roku TV

S/N—2N00HA760778 (5UA59H760778)

Software Version —13.1.4 • build 1510-20

GC Version —12.0.14 

Timestamp: 2024-09-06T00:21:00Z

ID 78-358-581

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Dg199007

Something as simple as watching antenna channels. you guys managed to break it...

Tried all suggestions, rescan, network reset etc. Just want to see antenna coax input, not all the other garbage.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @WearySoul!

Thanks for reporting the issue you've encountered on the live channels on your Roku TV. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible. 

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Are you referring to your OTA Live TV channels?
  • Are you able to access these channels before?
  • A photo of your Live TV guide.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Something as simple as watching antenna channels. you guys managed to break it...

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Dg199007!

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issues you've encountered on your Roku TV. Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the team to determine the cause and help you get back on streaming.

With this being said, kindly provide us with the necessary details to help us with the investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Specific channels missing.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I used to have local channels on my Roku. Now I am presented with it looks like hundreds of online channels that I have no interest in. I cannot find my local channels. Why do you clowns insist on pushing this **bleep** onto me? I have no desire to watch your your online garbage. I want my f****** local channels. What the f*** is wrong with you people? Call me. Don. 541-915-3062 can you prove that roco is anything more than a joke? Do you listen to your customers?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Unhappyvictim 

Do not select the LiveTV from the side menu. (those are streaming channels).

If you have a RokuTV (as opposed to a Roku device connected to the TV via HDMI), then look for a tile icon on the Home Screen amongst the apps also called LiveTV. (this is actually an "input" called LiveTV).

To watch locals/antenna/OTA content, you need to select this input.

----

If your Live Input is missing, enable it under Settings/TV Inputs.

To rename this input (ie. Antenna TV), rename it under Settings/TV Inputs/Rename

To hide the streaming channels, hide them under Settings/TV Inputs/Manage channels/Hide Streaming Channels.

----

Adviseable to remove your phone number from the previous posting unless you want to invite potential scammers and fraudsters to contact you. (at the top right of your posting you will see threee vertical dots.  Select it and then choose Edit in order to modiy your posting).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.