Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royrita000
Channel Surfer

Sling not loading with OS 11.0.0

I am seeking answers for this trouble. I opened a new Sling account and tried to install the app on 5/21/22. When I open the Sling app, select “log in”, the app doesn’t fully boot and drops back to the log in page. 

I have two Roku sticks and both are having the same issue. They are 3500X models at software version 11.0.0. I did soft and hard reboots on the sticks. I also removed the app and reinstalled. No change. 

Serial numbers are 2LA53F106009 and 2LA513011896

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sling not loading with OS 11.0.0

@royrita000 

I was surprised to see that Sling still supports that device, but they do. Therefore, it should work. So let's dig into this.

Based on what you wrote, you skipped a step in your troubleshooting. Do it this way:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order.

After giving that a shot, let's see where things stand.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
royrita000
Channel Surfer

DB Dukes: I appreciate your input on this. I followed your steps, however the steps you listed didn’t change my circumstances. Sling still tries to boot (spinning circle) then stops, drops back to the login screen. I verified on the Sling website that the device was supported. 

I read other posts in the forum and it seems others are having similar issues with other apps. Not sure where to go next… 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@royrita000 

What is the app version? Highlight the app, hit the Options button, and the version/build shows at the top.

Mine is 8.28 build 2193, for example,

If it's an older version, try Check for updates.

Yes, you should have it already, having removed, rebooted, and reinstalled, but try this in case there's a glitch.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
royrita000
Channel Surfer

My Sling app version is 8.28 build 2193 as well. 
i tried removing the Sling app, rebooting the Roku stick and reinstalling the app one more time. Same result. 

so this is either an error in the Roku 11.0.0 code or Sling no longer supports 3500X models and haven’t updated their list. 

Going to contact Sling and ask. Will let you know what is said. 

UPDATE. 

contacted Sling and this is what was said: 

“There seems to be an issue with your Roku device. You can try to contact Roku and see if they have the updated list for the compatible devices for Sling, as right now, the model you have should still be compatible.

Also, I have submitted feedback to let our developers know that you are experiencing this issue on your Roku devices.“

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@royrita000 

Sling is working fine on my Roku, but it's a newer device. Still, the 3500 is supported by Roku, and by Sling, so it should work.

Let's get @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , or @RokuMary-F involved. They will probably have you repeat everything, not just description but the tests you've done. Work with them, and they'll either find the cause, or likely escalate to a technical team that will work with you.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@royrita000

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have these details, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
royrita000
Channel Surfer

Issue tracker report ID number is 96-233-127. 

when launching the app for Sling, it comes up to the sign in:log in page. I select “login” and the app tries to start. The spinning circle stops, and the app drops back to the login page again. I am not able to login to my account. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@royrita000

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator