Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlleno
Streaming Star

Sling app on my 4660x wont load/run

Hi

installed the sling app and it just wont load or work.

Anyone aware of an issue there? 

Roku details

Software version 13.1.4anyivev

Build 1512-46 I found 

App details 

8.127 build 16687

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sling app on my 4660x wont load/run

Hi, @dlleno!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

We appreciate you informing us about your inability to access the Sling TV app on your Roku. We'd be happy to assist you and suggest some steps you can try.

Firstly, can you please confirm if this is the only app you are having this issue with? If so, kindly try the following steps to help you troubleshoot:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After doing so, restart your modem/router. Unplug it from the wall, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait for it/them to fully boot, and try again.

You may visit this support article for reference: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dlleno
Streaming Star

Thank -you so much for your responsiveness

My apologies I just discovered the root cause:   my network router blocks ad domains.  It did not occur to me that the sling app would load advertising content upon first load - no other app on my Roku does that!  I thought I had even tried my cellular network as a troubleshooting step but apparently not becuase as soon as I changed networks the sling app started to work.  

To anyone with Ubiquity routers:  you might need to turn off the ad blocker feature or add exceptions  🙂 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @dlleno!

Thanks for keeping us posted. We're glad to hear it got everything sorted out now. 

Feel free to contact us anytime you need help, or you can visit the Roku support website for further troubleshooting resources. 

We hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.