Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Re: SiriusXM stops playback after various amounts of time

now none of the sirius xm streaming works. neither of my tvs work, the roku tv or the roku ultra, and i'm signed out of my sirius on my laptop and it won't let me sign back in. when i click on 'sign in' i get a blank screen. three months this has been going on and you have gone from bad to worse to now no service at all.

0 Kudos
mw44070
Reel Rookie

Re: Sirius XM shuts off after various amounts of time

I thought everything was fixed but today I turned on SiriusXM  and it didn’t it even stayed on for 20 minutes  it just goes back to the picture of the program host on Sirius and then I get a message about something going wrong. I deleted the app and reinstalled and it check for updates and did everything else we were supposed to do but this obviously is still not fixed and it is more annoying than it was before   

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

@pkaboo1234  @mw44070 

It's not just the shutdowns we have been experiencing since May that explains today's behavior.   

Today, August 3, 2022, SXM had some rolling outages as shown at

https://downdetector.com/status/siriusxm/ and their twitter account at 

https://twitter.com/SXM_Help?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

SXM does not send out all clear messages after fixing any problems so every customer has to re-test.

Today's errors were very unique, nothing populating the main screen, lots of errors about something went wrong and some error screens with only a exclamation point for a message.  I didn't capture anything since I assumed these errors were more global than the past problems.

Using version 3.0 Build 44.   It ran over 20 hours on Saturday through Sunday.  Then when I restarted it, it locked after random time periods.  It usually takes several attempts to get it to run for more than an hour.  SXM ran 38 hours without interruption once on this version.  

These sorry something went wrong messages are much more frequent than in previous releases so I am assuming these messages are acting as debugging statements in the production code.  SXM should be writing these errors along with diagnostic data to a log that they can access in order to understand these conditions that hitherto the current release were un-handled conditions.  Since performance improves/degrades since at least the last install, AWS on behalf of SXM must be making server changes to reduce the likelihood of these conditions--discovered with the newly added debugging messages--from occurring in production.

0 Kudos
simonmason
Reel Rookie

Is it worth posting version details?  I’m running the .44 build and it stops playing all of the time. Seems like it is longer than 20 minutes each time but haven’t timed it.

Simon D. S. Mason
0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

August 12, 2022

Yesterday morning was a repeat of last weeks problems where SXM would not play anything.  The app generated the having trouble loading favorites message. The app locked up while trying to relaunch SXM. I signed off to clear up the bug.  Even then when relaunched, it would not populate any of the track names on any of the channel buttons within the Favorites menu.  It would start playing audio for a selected channel.  Later the app populated the track/artist name on the channel buttons with the data only for the time when the app launched.

For the timeframe ending August 8, 2022, 3 PM CST, SXM was able to stream continuously for 92 hours.  After that timeframe, it locks up after random amounts of time.  Up until today, it might run 1 hour, 2 hours, 8 hours or some period that might be reasonable if the existing code were not a work-in progress. 

Today, it locks up at shorter periods of time such as: 30 minutes; 26 minutes; or 1 hour. 

Regardless of how long before SXM locks up, it never updates any of the track/artist names on the buttons for any of their channels until you exit the app and then relaunch the app.  After the launch, whatever is shown on the channel buttons never updates again.  By not identifying what is playing on a given channel, the customer has no information about what is playing unless they go the sxm website to find the playlist.  I don't know of any streaming channel that functions in this manner.  Previous versions of SXM would show what is playing on the other channels while the current channel was playing.  The channel buttons were not 100% in sync but the buttons would eventually catch up with the live data.   This bug of not showing what other channels are playing is why the current app is a work-in-progress.  I assume SXM removed the code that updated the channel buttons because the post-May logic was causing the crash or lockup or they guessed it did so they disabled that code as a guess.  

Looking at SXM's Twitter, I see they deleted the tweet for last week's issue and added a tweet for yesterday's issues.  Since they haven't deleted yesterday's tweet, I assume that means they are still working on yesterday's glitches.  

0 Kudos
charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Siriusxm is shutting down again.

I thought the Siriusxm App was fixed, it's not.  In last few days it cuts off again at 20 minutes. Did it 4 times today right at 20 minutes. Anyone else doing this?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Siriusxm is shutting down again.

Hi @charliebrown99

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does the issue only occur on SiriusXM or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Moreover, please be aware that on Roku OS 10.5, we added a new Power item in Settings > System menu for some Roku models. If you have this Power item, under Auto power savings, see if deactivating after 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Kariza, 

It occurs only on the SiriusXM App.  It has happened to all 3 Roku expresses that I have.

No I do have any power settings at all on all 3 ROKU's.    After about 20 minutes or so the App quits, it doesn't go to home screen, but Sirius XM app will not work again until I RESTART the Roku, then it will stop again after 20 min.  Its either a Roku problem or SiriusXM issue, either way, I will appreciate you efforts in getting it fixed.  This is what I have:

Linked
Actions
Express+
Living room
YG001W092618
1/2/2020

Roku Express
Family room
X00400815272
11/2/2020

Roku Express
Bedroom
X004005FLTF3
6/18/2021
0 Kudos
charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Kariza, Previous post should read, " I do not have the Power Settings".  Sorry for mistake.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@charliebrown99

Thanks for the reply.

If you haven't tried yet, we suggest following the instructions below to manually check for software and channel updates.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select System update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

Let us know if there's any difference after. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos