Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

SiriusXM stops playback after various amounts of time

Hi Community users,

If you are experiencing channel playback stopping after various amounts of time when using the SiriusXM channel, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further with the channel provider.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
76 REPLIES 76
jmhabo
Binge Watcher

Sirius XM shuts off after various amounts of time

Danny,

This issue is not fixed. Running SiriusXM app v3.0 b44 on my 4210X (Roku 2). Music stopped playing after 90 minutes and TV displays ""Sorry, something went wrong..." message. Exiting app and re-entering app restarts the music.

I posted issue ID's for this Roku and Express+ two days ago.

John

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Re: Sirius XM shuts off after various amounts of time

Sorry, @RokuDanny-R , but you have one again declared this issue "solved" prematurely. As others have reported, I'm also still having problems even after updating the channel. It's working better than it was because I can play up to a few hours at a time (often less), but it's definitely not fixed. The persistent issues are as follows:

1. Tune-start settings aren't saved; they're erased when you turn your TV off and/or when you exit the app using the back button (instead of the home button). 

2. The "Sorry, Something Went Wrong" message often pops up when trying to load a channel.

3. Stations aren't being recorded in the "recent" menu so you have to search for what you want to listen to every single time.

4. The app freezes when station programming changes -- so, when one show ends and the next begins. Sometimes this happens after 45 minutes of listening, sometimes it happens after a few hours, but it definitely happens.

5. No matter how many times I change the settings, SiriusXM does not play "live" when I turn a station on. I have to click the "down" key and select "go live." I've found that my stations tend to play longer without freezing when I go live (vs listening wherever the app decides to start my programs), but it does still freeze.

Please tell SiriusXM that we're still experiencing problems on Roku and they still have work to do.

HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

@jmhabo 

Agree.  SXM is locking up after random amounts of time now instead of 20 minutes.  Today it locked up after 2.5 hours, then 4 minutes and then after 33 minutes.  I will accumulate the observations for today.   It ran for 20+ hours multiple times over the weekend and now the product has regressed with the same Build 44 as when it ran longer.   

I agree that the nature of the failure is different than before Build 44.

I will send pics at the end of the day.

0 Kudos
elliedale9
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R Mine still stops playing, but it's not after a set amount of time anymore. Before the latest update, it was exiting to the home screen at 20 minutes on the dot. Now it'll play longer and stops at random lengths of time. Also, it freezes instead of exiting. I've never been able to make it play for more than 2 or 3 hours yet, and as little as 30 minutes. Before the update 2 months ago (!!!), I used to be able to turn it on when I sat down at my desk in the morning and not turn it off until the end of my work day, so this is severely decreased functionality from how it used to be. This issue is still ongoing, it's not solved.

WingsFan92
Reel Rookie

Iv deleted the SXM app, redownloaded it, checked for updates for the app and Roku. Was working fine on 07/18/2022, yesterday 07/19/2022 it didn't work at all. App was locked up. Today it worked for a few then just stopped playing music. When I go back in to use it it says "Something Went Wrong, please try again later. 

Moodle: 3930RW- Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400LUNDEV

Software Version: 11.0.0 Build 4193-AE

Devise ID: S009203UNDEV

0 Kudos
Jimmbbo
Binge Watcher

As if I need to tell anybody it's not fixed

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the requested information in my post above so we can further investigate the issue with the SiriusXM channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
elliedale9
Binge Watcher

It's a record, guys! Sirius XM froze after literally 2 minutes n the NPR channel (and not even when switching programs/graphics). App was totally locked up. I couldn't do anything. I had have to shut the TV off to exit. That's a new one. 

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM stops playback after various amounts of time

July 20, 2022

8.12 AM CST Got this popup upon relaunch after a crash, clicked keep listening, returned to stuck screen with no audio, strangely Tunestart was off.  So even though the app crashed, it sends this warning message about streaming upon restart.

are you listening pic.jpg

Next tried to select channel 27 on SXM after the restart.  However, SXM would not start the channel and instead sent this error message.

nothing playing.jpg

Since SXM refused to play the channel, I used back button to break the loop, relaunched SXM, Tunestart now on, turn Tunestart off, exit using Home button to save update, relaunch SXM and wait for the next event. 

2 hours later, music stopped, pressed down arrow, received sorry message, exit SXM using back button, relaunch SXM, set Tunestart to off, use Home button to force app to save update, relaunch SXM and wait.

Sorry message below.Sorry.jpg

4 minutes later, music stopped, pressed down arrow, received sorry message, exit SXM using back button, relaunch SXM, set Tunestart to off, use Home button to force app to save update, relaunch SXM and wait.

33 minutes later, ditto.

13 minutes later, ditto.

100 minutes later, music stopped, pressed down arrow, received sorry message, exit using full sign off this time for grins, relaunch SXM, set Tunestart to off, use Home button to force app to save update, relaunch SXM and wait.

1 hour 25 minutes later, music stopped, press down arrow, get sorry message, change to channel 25, change back to 27, audio starts.  Now wait for next error.  Getting annoyed now. 

3 hours later, a few seconds of silence heard but audio resumed and track details were out of sync with audio.  Go Live had no effect.  No other action taken.

4.5 hours after last action, track details now in sync with audio with no action taken.  Wait for something to crash or send error message.

Moral of story seems to be don’t exit when audio stops, use the kludge fix of changing channels back and forth to force SXM to keep playing.  Eventually, it may crash.  Upon restart, break the loop using the back button or SXM will make futile attempt to restart.   Other conditions to note, Sling was streaming all day on other Roku devices and never stopped or stuttered while SXM was having the above problems.

All of this testing could be moot, if SXM is making realtime dynamic changes to server capacity that reduces/increase the likelihood of sorry message screen. 

Exit SXM to capture data, will restart after capture to see what happens. 

Roku data:

sysinfo .jpg

SXM version below, Ver 3.0, build 44.  Note that Tunestart is off since I exited SXM using Home key.  Notice also, that app is playing audio in this relaunch even though Autoplay on Demand is turned off.   I have to exit app using the back button to get it to clear out memory but using that key turns Tunestart on.  This default issue requires user to update option again and exit using the Home key.

SXM version.jpg

Now Tunestart is back on because back button was used to clear memory.Tunestart on by default.jpg

Tracker ID below.   This capture was not related to a crash so there will be no crash log entry. Tracker.jpg

0 Kudos