Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vakko
Roku Guru

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@steph_anie  YouTube TV is my main source of entertainment. I watch live news and sports for hours on end with zero issues. Been using YouTube TV for years. 

SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Got the automatic 44 build update, but uninstalled/reinstalled the app anyway.  Got almost 2 hours of play before I closed the app myself.  So yay!  Seems to be keeping and honouring my settings.  I'll be able to confirm that after a few listening sessions over the next couple of days.

steph_anie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Vakko I don't believe you.

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@steph_anie Ok well this thread is about SiriusXM so if you are having issues with YouTube TV might I suggest making your own thread. And yes I watch sports for 3-4 hours or longer on YouTube TV with zero issues. I highly doubt you are having any issues. 

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sirius XM has played for 90+ minutes without exiting to the home screen on both my TCL and Sharp TVs. Weirdly, the Sharp is remembering my settings and tracking my recent stations, as long as I exit with the home button and not the back button. The TCL is still resetting settings and not tracking recents. I have no idea what would cause this discrepancy. 

I haven't tested out my RCA yet, but honestly, I don't care what happens on that one because I never use it for SiriusXM.

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

SXM has been running for 9.5 hours release on 44.  Track details screen matches the audio.  Navigation buttons on the remote do change the screen as expected.   Release 42 ran for 12.5 hours for me on Monday, July 11 but the navigation using the remote and screen updates were incorrect.   Current fix appears to be better than previous fix. 

We should thank Roku for helping their channel provider/partner in helping to improve the user experience.  Thank you Roku and SXM. 

troy_leach

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I timed it as well 19-21 minutes each time. it kept going back to the Roku menu. 

blbx2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Updated my Sirius app this morning, hasn't crashed/gone to gome screen for almost 4 hours now!

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I updated my Roku TV Sirius XM to version 3.0- build 44,  seems to be working. At first, it shut off after about 20 minutes but it didn't go back to the Roku home screen. I was able to click on "go live" and it came back up and has been playing for nearly 3 hours now. I haven't tried my Roku Ultra yet. Hopefully this is the fix? 

Budley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I saw that there was finally a new update for Sirus XM on the Roku. After selecting the update, my show Sirus XM has played for an hour now. 

For me, I mosty listen to the old radio shows on Radio Classics on channel 148 at home and on my boat with my Roku TV. Yes, I have a sound system hooked up to both.. I mostly listen to music in my truck when driving. 

I'm really hoping this update takes. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.