Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

@MelG wrote:

... I have a tv with the Roku built in ...

I can't  go out &get a new TV  for $15 dollars and fix this problem.   ...

You could get a small cheap streaming device and connect it to one of the HDMI ports on your Roku TV. Then you'd have two platforms: Roku, and whatever the other platform is.

If you go the Onn device (Android TV platform) route, don't get the stick. It's junk. Yes, it works, but poorly. The Onn box is better, and has specs almost as good as the Chromecast with Google TV. But, if it's only for a single app, then the Onn stick may be fine.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Be sure to pickup some popcorn with the ONN stick......lol

0 Kudos
CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

But XM makes a BIG DEAL about using it outside of the car! which we cannot do at present, or at least not for longer than 15-20 minutes.

So the v34 build is just as bad as the older one?  Well, I'm not going through the massive PITA of removing it and re-downloading it fr it to not work.

And yes, since May16, I cannot add to or remove from favorites

And Roku DID push through an update a few days before the May 16 XM forced update.

0 Kudos
CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Pretty much.

CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What about the 2nd (or 3rd) TV???

CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

But there WAS a Roku update, at least for my two Roku Express devices a day or two before the forcex XM update. Either or both updates is causing this.

0 Kudos
CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not necessarily. My wife would change the input to something else and later that day when I would switch to Roku as the input, it would still be playing her jazz channel via the XM app.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CadillacMike 

You see how I put your name ahead of my comment? That's how you know (and everyone knows) to whom I am responding. I could quote the post, particularly if there are several posts after, so the context makes sense. But a series of posts with no reference means we have no idea to whom you're responding or answering. It's pretty much like listening to one side of a phone call.

If you want anyone to know who you were talking to, and what you're talking about, you could edit the posts -- click the three dots and Edit, then at the top, insert the name of the person -- or just leave them as is and we'll probably ignore them. We need context. Without that, there's no meaning.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@CadillacMike wrote:

But there WAS a Roku update, at least for my two Roku Express devices a day or two before the forcex XM update. Either or both updates is causing this.

According to my system info, my last Roku update was several weeks before the SiriusXM update. During those weeks, my SiriusXM played for 8+ hours at a time without issue. Then, on May 17, Sirius auto-updated on all 3 of my TVs, requiring me to log in again. As soon as I logged in via the updated app, that's when the problems started. To me, the connection is crystal clear -- it's the new Sirius app causing the problem.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@CadillacMike 

No context is the point....lol

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.