Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@Dommi wrote:

No matter what Roku claims, I can't help but believe it is the fault of the Roku Express devices specifically

It is also happening on Roku TVs. I have updated mine as advised and it still plays for no more than 20 min.

I do believe the problem is with SiriusXM. It worked fine on my TVs up until the second I was forced to auto-update on May 17. As soon as I was required to install the slow, bloated, overly graphics-based new channel, that's when it all went to **bleep**. Nothing changed with Roku... what changed was the Sirius app.

elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I should add that I used to listen at home all day every day, so I know for certain that it was working as recently as 12 hrs before the forced update.

ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sign out.

Remove channel

Restart system.

Reload channel.

Sign in.

Stream stops at 18 minutes.

TCL Roku TV, Version 34 on SXM.

Dommi

Jump to solution

@elliedale9 

I'm confused, you said nothing has changed with the Roku but also wrote that there was a forced update.  Forced updates can commonly cause issues.  The forced update is likely the problem.  I agree, that the whole look of the Sirius home page has changed.  How would one explain the exact same thing happening with another app  (Audacy) which is completely unrelated to Sirius XM (same time-line) if it's not Roku Express or Roku TV software related?  My Roku stick is actually older than my 2 Roku Express units and works like a charm.

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

As said in my previous post, I am using TuneIn on my Roku Tv now and just stopped using SiriusXM until we get one of those "issue has been resolved" messages which seems like will never happen 😂

kgoebel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ya Think..  I have 4 roku devices and the only ones that I have the problem with is with the Express.  Roku needs to call on Elon Musk and borrow some rocket scientists to fix the problem. 

elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Dommi There wasn't a forced update of the Roku platform, it was a forced update of the Sirius XM channel. Roku doesn't build or release the channel, Sirius does. The problem is with the new Sirius build, not the Roku build (which didn't change between May 16 and 17, when the problem began).

mcasella-sc-rr-
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Streaming stick (3800 series) on four tv's shutting offf after about 20 minutes.  TCL smart tv stayed on longer but also sut off eventuallly.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well over 200+ posts to this thread and growing. Keep fighting the good fight and hopefully a real solution is provided by ROKU/SiriusXM.

Since switching my ROKU Express to a $15 ONN Streaming stick the only message I get is "(!) Are you still listening? (Keep Listening) (No, I'm done)"ONN.jpg

0 Kudos
MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's silly to ask if we are still listening, are we still paying?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.