Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Does anyone else's SiriusXM freeze and kick out to the Roku home screen when it changes to a different background/show on the channel?

0 Kudos
iamtimfoley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just updated my SiriusXM app on my Roku TV today. So far, I've been streaming through the app for about an hour and the app has not crashed. SiriusXM messaged me on Twitter about 90 minutes ago telling me that they just pushed an update out to Roku today that should fix the crashing issue. 

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Update. I turned on SiriusXM's Symphony Hall channel last night when I went to bed, as I always did before the May update that ruined everything. It keeps the cats calm overnight, so they bother me less. When my partner got up this morning, about 5-6 hours after I turned it on, he noticed it wasn't playing anymore. We don't know what time it turned off, but we used to reliably get 8 hours of play and it definitely didn't go for that long.

In addition, the Sharp TV isn't remembering my settings or tracking my recent listening; it worked on Thursday evening after I updated, but it's not anymore. I don't know if that was just a fluke that it worked at first, or if everything got reset because I listened on my TCL in between and the TCL erased the settings/recents. Hard to say. It's worth noting that both TVs are using the same version of Roku, so that isn't the problem.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem as everyone else for about 2 months now. I updated to build 44 today but it still exited to the home screen after about an hour. It's an improvement but it is still not fixed. Roku, please put pressure on your Sirius XM partners to fix this for us!

My TV is TCL Model 32S301-W Software version 11.0.0, build 4193-69, and I have Roku 11.0.0 build 4193-AM.

0 Kudos
ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yay!

I was able to play a couple of stations for an hour each. It may not be all the way back, but it is OK with me.

This forum has been good, though it has started to devolve lately. Thanks, everybody.

0 Kudos
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Out of curiosity, I updated the app and tested it out on my RCA TV, the only one that was working semi-decently after the upgrade. The latest build seems to have destroyed that. Now I keep getting the "Sorry, something went wrong" error most times when I try to play a channel. Other times, I just get a spinning circle but nothing loads. I got it to play twice (out of about 10 attempts), but it froze after a minute or two on one of them. On the other successful attempt, it played for over an hour.

0 Kudos
BigSteveM

Jump to solution

Message from Sirius to me is that the issue has been fixed with an update as of yesterday. So far so good. Message text below.  "Hi there. An updated version of the Roku app with the crash fixes has been released. If you haven’t updated your app yet, you can force an update by going from the Roku home menu to Settings -> System -> Software update or simply uninstall and reinstall the app. Please send us a message if you have questions or concerns, and we’ll be glad to assist you. Happy Listening!"

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

For everyone, the app runs so much better if you turn the setting "auto play on Startup" off. I found this out yesterday. It doesn't kick out to the Roku home screen when the background/show changes on the channel. Tune start also does not save and I don't know why.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ok so this app is not fixed completely. The app still crashes after a couple of hours. Autoplay on startup still does not work when you start the app. TuneStart setting does not save so you have to hit "Go live" when you get to a channel. When autoplay on startup doesn't work, you have to go to a different channel then go back to the desired channel you want to listen to. There is still some bugs but to get a couple hours of listening out of the app is a great first step. I feel like if they updated it one more time, it would fix all of these bugs. Anyone else still experiencing crashing after a couple of hours?

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

After the update, I had originally said that my settings seemed to be saving, and functioning as per their settings.  However, I've found that that is not the case anymore.  I'm experiencing the same issues as doubleb97 posted.  TuneStart does not save, Autoplay on startup saves but does not work. At first they worked, but it seems like after closing the app for an extended time period they would be back to malfunctioning.  I haven't had any crashes or cut-offs, which was the most frustrating issue.  But I'd still like to have all of the preferences working properly.

0 Kudos