Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

OK, since my last post 0 minutes ago, it cut out again.  Music stopped, then when I hit the remote control I got the "something went wrong" message.  Had to switch channel to start playing again.  First time this happened since I updated a few days ago.

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I meant to say 40 minutes ago.  Now it just happened again, 5 minutes after the last time.  Not good.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That literally just happened to me.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I feel like they just need a new interface. A simpler one. This has been updated multiple times and hasn't worked properly. 

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I agree.  And even if it did run perfectly, the old version was better.

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It has crashed back to the home screen for me multiple times when the background of the channel changes to a different show. This is annoying. I'll just listen to my iHeartRadio subscription for now because I can get an unlimited amount of listening time from that.

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well after my previous posts on this thread which I have since blanked out, I have discovered that I should not have harassed or argued on this thread to begin with.  This forum is for helping Roku users, and not for arguing/harassment, however, on some posts, including my previous ones in this thread, I have seemed to do the opposite.  It’s honestly disappointing, and I do apologize for what I have previously done in this thread.

So, let’s not argue with or harass each other on this thread anymore, and let’s continue helping each other out without arguing. 

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
Sccs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After coming back to the forum after turning it off for awhile because of all the negative comments, I seen everyone was talking about an update. Updated my ROKU TV to the latest update “ build 44”. It plays for a longer period of time, about 1 hr 30 minutes then stops playing but still displays the channel. I have to change channel to get it play again or if I don’t I just get the loading circle. Apparently this update still needs some more tweaking. 
One thing to mention that I have noticed with turning the SiriusXM app on. After 10 minutes the blue progress bar will disappear, then at 20 minutes the screen darkens. All setting for power are off. 
will wait for another update. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sccs  So when it gets to the loading circle on the SiriusXM channel, what does it look like?  Does it display the word “Loading…” in addition to a circle or a similar word, or does it just display a circle?  Also what color is the circle?

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
jmhabo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny R.

SiriusXM app Version 3 Build 44 is still failing on both my Roku Express+ and Roku 2. Roku 2 plays longer before failing.

Also occasionally getting "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later." messages.

Roku Express+ Issue report tracker
Model: 3910RW - Roku Express+
Serial number: YG008M221909 (C53958221909)
Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-51
Timestamp: 2022-07-17T15:18:43Z
Device ID - C53958221909
Issue ID 09-284-598

Roku issue report tracker
Model: 4210X - Roku 2
Serial number: 5F461U225442
Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-04
Timestamp: 2022-07-04T12:55:28Z
Issue ID 42-265-735
(There is no Device ID in System-About)

Steps to Reproduce Issue
Open SiriusXM app and play SiriusXM channel 59 for approximately 50 minutes (may take several hours).
Music stops. Exiting and re-entering SiriusXM app restarts the music.

0 Kudos