Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@Soonergirl82 wrote:

Have we found a resolution to this yet?

Not yet 😞

0 Kudos
Martin_
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I posted here a few days ago.

I called siriusxm again and finally got to "tech" person.

I got a help ticket number.

They were first pointing to roku, but I was firm again that the problem was not evident until "they" updated the sirius roku app.

Like the radio is fune, the android app is fine, the roku app was fine until update and now only lasts 20 mins.

I suggested rolling back to previous version or fix the code.

waiting ...................

barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Here is siriusxm tech number i was given to call.  We should all call and voice concerns. Mine cuts off after 10 minutes.  If the old  interface was working, don't fix it, was my opinion to them, and its radio, we listen to it, why would we need fancy graphics and photos, its a listening medium. I am not going to sit on the couch and watch radio.

1-855-238-9256,  from menu hit option 3.

0 Kudos
jmhabo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny,

I reported earlier, my Express+ has the problem and my old Roku 2 does not. Today the problem showed up on the Roku 2 after maybe 90 minutes. There is no "Device ID" for the Roku 2.

Here's the information you requested:

Roku 2
------
Model - 4210X-Roku 2
Serial number - 5F461U225442
Software version - 11.0.0 build 4193-04

Tracker ID: 42-212-814

0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Shuts off after 20 minutes. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Yorkie
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

Fellas, Sirius is hereby notifying us that THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH CLOUT with Roku in order to stay on top of things. 
if they haven’t been able to deal with this, then us longtime people who don’t have any promo pricing any longer ought not be being charged $26/month, when we can’t really tap into it!

it’s the only way that I personally have, yo stay in touch with political news, because I haven’t had a tv provider since last July. If I want to hear MSNBC, SiriusXM  via Roku is it!

Gatorgirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Listened to SiriusXM all morning through my old Roku 2, like I always do on the weekends, then this afternoon “upgraded” to the new Roku  Express and now I’m experiencing this issue. Came here to get a solution and see that it's not just mine, and there is no solution. Seems like Roku issue to me since that is the ONLY thing that changed here. If no solution by Tuesday I will return this thing! Fell for Roku marketing email about how much better it would work, now I’m just frustrated with the lack of a solution. 

0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Gatorgirl... SXM apparently has admitted it is their problem, although while I am not a techie (so very not) it seems there is an issue on both sides. However, it is SXM who rolled out an obviously defective "upgrade" affecting the Roku/SXM interface.

I am thinking they did incomplete testing and are, I hope, scrambling to fix it. I have not called again because if I am told to "change my password" or "uninstall and reinstall" I will scream at the person who says it, and that's not helpful. 😄 Anyway ... the Roku Express is the only one I've ever had and until this upgrade it was fine.

0 Kudos
Jsaviola142
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here.  

Why did they replace an App that was working fine with one that has LESS FUNCTIONALITY?

BRING BACK THE OLD APP. 

Jsaviola142
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The new roku app for SiriusXM has no settings.  Very few controls.  

It SUCKS.  Why replace the old one.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE..... 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.