Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneWolf
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

As has been mentioned more than adequately, this is a SiriusXM issue. SiriusXM is a $24BILLION company. How they can treat customers by shoving **bleep**-show apps at them year-over-year is mind-boggling. But it's their app developers, their business decisions, their deal.

What Roku can and should do is to escalate the obvious subscriber concerns they are seeing through their account and executive contacts at SiriusXM.  "Hey I just wanted to reach out and make sure you are aware that there is a quite large and growing segment of your Roku App customers complaining rather obnoxiously and loudly on our Support Forums about the performance and usability of the app you recently pushed to our platform. We strongly encourage usability studies, user testing,  regression testing, etc. and wanted to be sure this app push was intentional and properly vetted? If so, we would strongly suggest putting a tiger team on identifying and addressing some of the major concerns - the issues sound real enough as to significantly impact brand value, and potentially negatively impact revenue. Love, your Roku Partner." 

Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

MrEM,

In response to your question, I hope everyone on the thread is talking to a live representative at SiriusXM. They have been very responsive by crediting my account for this problem they are struggling to correct. I plan to be on the line with them Tuesday, month anniversary, of this embarrassment. 

Denise8

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem with both a Roku Express and Roku 4K+.  Maybe I will call Sirius and ask for refund.  Just renewed in Feb.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I just got a Sirius XM push notification on my phone advertising Father's Day discounts. That's hilarious. "Here, Dad, it's a gift that doesn't work!" I guess it's the perfect gift if you don't like your father...

CKS53
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

After four calls, two “chats” with SiriusXM which I thought was the problem I Googled the issue and at least I feel I’m in good company with all of the folks here who have been through the same and more with the SiriusXM app on Roku. I too have had major issues for about a month; turns off/freezes requiring rebooting-doesn’t fix it, uninstalling/reinstalling app-doesn’t fix it, unplugging and plugging back in-doesn’t fix it, doesn’t respond so turn the whole thing off, back on-doesn’t fix it. I sincerely hope someone at Roku can FIX IT. Obviously there is a problem or there wouldn’t be so many lodging the very same concerns. Roku, get it together! It only is happening on my Roku, my SiriusXM in my car is fine, my phone app is fine, my iPad app is fine and on the same WiFi as my Roku so it has to be Roku. If this is an upgrade, it went sideways. Not better it’s worse and highly frustrating!

MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is both Sirius/XM and Roku's fault but it's going to hurt Roku more because lets face it get another streaming device and everything works. It doesn't matter what one you get ONN, Amazon, apple tv they all work fine but Roku does not. So far the only fix that has worked really is get rid of your Roku and get something else.

Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@MrEM wrote:

It is both Sirius/XM and Roku's fault but it's going to hurt Roku more because lets face it get another streaming device and everything works. It doesn't matter what one you get ONN, Amazon, apple tv they all work fine but Roku does not. So far the only fix that has worked really is get rid of your Roku and get something else.

That is one way to look at it. Another way is to get rid of Sirius XM and listen to another streaming service, or other options for music. I am probably far older than most posters here, and I am used to listening to other radio options (I am older than FM), discs, or even ... cassette tapes! Yes! I have them! I don't know how many subscribers SXM is going to lose, possibly not enough to make it hurt, but I realized last night that after almost a month, it's possible this will never be rectified for those of us who lost SXM back on the 16th of May. Express users, and the others who lost SXM access, are probably a pretty small subset of SXM listeners. Roku offers me so much more than SXM, so if I'm going to cut a service loose, it will be Sirius XM. My sub renews at the beginning of the month, so I'm in wait-and-see mode.

Good luck to all, and thanks for making this a trending, and interesting and interactive, thread.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@MrEM wrote:

You are Correct!  Instead of being upset at the ongoing issue I follow this ever growing thread for entertainment purpose as I listen to 1stWave on SiriusXM on my $15 ONN stick....

MelG
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Smooch, 

Thank you for this thread.

And to those buying a new stream stick and bringing out the popcorn laughing at everyone:not cool.

Show compassion to those who are concerned & sharing.

I have a tv with the Roku built in .. as others here have also mentioned.....that's not an 'easy fix'.

I can't  go out &get a new TV  for $15 dollars and fix this problem.  

So sorry everyone that's experiencing this disruption and frustration 

Everyone, have a great weekend. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CKS53 wrote:

... I sincerely hope someone at Roku can FIX IT. ...

They can't. Roku did not build the app. It's the app that's the problem, and SirusXM has to fix the app.

@CKS53 wrote:

... Roku, get it together! It only is happening on my Roku, my SiriusXM in my car is fine, my phone app is fine, my iPad app is fine and on the same WiFi as my Roku so it has to be Roku. ...

It's not Roku. It's the app for Roku. All those devices you mention use different operating systems. That means the apps aren't compatible. Separate apps have to be written for each operating system. And it seems that SiriusXM programmers made an error somewhere along the way with the Roku app. And they have to find the problem and fix it.

Now, to be sure, that means it doesn't work on Roku but does on the other devices, and that does negatively impact the Roku experience.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.