Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

@rabidbaby wrote:

@kidkrash It's not just Roku express, or even primarily. I have three different brands of Roku TV (Sharp, RCA, and TCL) and they're all doing the exact same thing.

I didn't realize the issue was effecting the Roku branded TV's. I have 2 TCL Roku TV's connected via Ethernet and can not reproduce the issue on either.  I wonder if the type of connection is a factor.

0 Kudos
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@EM48 Mary (from Roku) isn't the one who doesn't get it. Another user, @kidkrash, was quoting her and then went on to say (incorrectly) that the issue is Roku Express. That said...I'm super frustrated that Roku and Sirius aren't being more transparent about the problem and are refusing to roll back to a working version of the channel/app. We're going on two weeks here with completely a completely nonfunctional service that we pay for. This is unacceptable, and horrid customer service on both ends.

My subscription renews in 3 weeks. If this isn't fixed by then, I'm canceling. I work from home and almost never drive...my Roku devices are my primary means of accessing Sirius. If they don't work, it's absolutely worthless for me to spend $24/month so I can listen to premium radio on my 5-minute trip to the grocery store, my 7-minute trip to Walmart, or my 10-minute trip to my mom's house...

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@kidkrash I also have an ethernet connection, so it's not that. (At least, it's not only  that.) I wonder if it's the particular model of TV -- we may have different versions of the TCL Roku TV. Or, maybe we're running different version of Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@rabidbaby wrote:

@EM48 Mary (from Roku) isn't the one who doesn't get it. Another user, @kidkrash, was quoting her and then went on to say (incorrectly) that the issue is Roku Express.

My apologies. I personally am only having an issue with both my Roku Express devices, not my 65" and 55" inch Roku branded TCL televisions. 

Hopefully they resolve this quickly like yourself I do not spend much time in my vehicle and and at least 8+ hours a day in my home office listening to 1st Wave on Sirius XM or at least used to until a few weeks ago when it forced an update on me.

I am frustrated as you to say the least and find it unacceptable they dont roll it back or at very least publish the older version so those of us who are technically inclined can side-load on our errant devices until a solution can be implemented. 

Mary seems very adapt at copy and pasting the same exact same information which has become insulting to me and maybe others as well.

kind regards,

kidkrash

0 Kudos
devonsvoice
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F , I’m running Roku Streaming Stick Plus on two different TVs, one a 15-year-old non-smart Sony Bravia and the other a nine year old smart Samsung. No issues after running SiriusXM on both for an hour each today. I listen to The Bridge, 70s on 7, and The Highway. High speed internet wireless connection to the Rokus. I live in north Idaho, if region helps. 

There appears to be no way to add favorites now, which does need to be fixed. 

0 Kudos
mcasella-sc-rr-
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Just received a call from SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team with this fix.  Shut off tv.  Remove SiriusXM channel from Roku.  Reinstall SeriusXM channel.  She indicated that four other users with the same problem used this fix and it worked.  I just tried it and after 20 minutes still playing.  Hope this helps all affected users.  Contacted her on the SiriusXM help page under "Unresolved problems" emailed and she called back same day.  Enjoy!!

0 Kudos
devonsvoice
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How do you remove the app from the Roku with the TV off? I’m not having the issue currently, but in order to remove an app the TV has to be on. 

0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@devonsvoice wrote:

How do you remove the app from the Roku with the TV off? I’m not having the issue currently, but in order to remove an app the TV has to be on. 

Hey @devonsvoice, I think that was an error in communication. I signed out of SXM, removed it from Roku roster, restarted Roku, reloaded SXM, re-signed in, and right away noticed an improvement in loading time. In 10 minutes I will know if this is The Fix. (Peeps do not always communicate instructions logically even when they are essential. I have much experience in this. Good luck! )

0 Kudos
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@devonsvoice wrote:

I am wondering the same thing myself. Maybe it needs to be done from the Roku Website
https://support.roku.com/article/232010488

Wish me luck.

Nope. That is for only removing subscriptions. 

I just did the following:

• From the Roku Home screen selected "SiriusXM" and press the "*" button and selected "Remove Channel"
  • From the Roku Home screen selected Settings > System > System restart > Restart
  • Upon restarted did a search for "SiriusXM" and installed it.
  • Launched SiriusXM
  • Selected channel 33 "1st Wave" and began to listen at approximately 4.22 PM Central Time.
  • Approximately at 4:44 PM Central time the channel crashed back to the Home screen.
  • Home button 5x, Back button 5x resulting in issue F5-221-624.